Exchange 2000, Outlook XP on Windows XP hangs

Exchange 2000, Outlook XP on Windows XP hangs

Post by Leo Mon » Tue, 07 May 2002 21:45:13

I've a Windows 2000 advanced server with Exchange 2000 server with the
latest service packs installed. All clients are running windows 2000
and outlook 2000 and work fine.

The problem arised when I installed Windows XP and Office XP on a
client. Outlook XP starts, hangs, and the shuts down without reporting
errors.

Does anyone have an idea?

Thx

Leo

Exchange 2000, Outlook XP on Windows XP hangs

Post by Keith Russ » Thu, 09 May 2002 06:05:30

I've been seeing almost same here. Our WinXP/OfficeXP systems have a delay
when opening a message. I've notice windows messanger icon in the toolbar
pops out from hiding for a sec. before then message opens.

Quote:> I've a Windows 2000 advanced server with Exchange 2000 server with the
> latest service packs installed. All clients are running windows 2000
> and outlook 2000 and work fine.

> The problem arised when I installed Windows XP and Office XP on a
> client. Outlook XP starts, hangs, and the shuts down without reporting
> errors.

> Does anyone have an idea?

> Thx

> Leo

1. Windows XP - Outlook XP logon error to Exchange 2000 SP2

We have a client that is connecting via a Cisco VPN to our
HQ office. The VPN client seems to be working fine, I can
ping and resolve the Exchange server and see the client's
IP on the Exchange server with a NETSTAT command. However
when the client opens Outlook XP they are prompted for
username, password & Domain as usual however, they enter
it once then are prompted a second time, then are given
the following error message:

"Your logon information was incorrect. Check your username
and domain, then type your password again. If your account
is new or if your administrator requested a password
change your will need to click Change Password then logon
with your new password."

Can anyone help? I have logged on locally to this account
and the user can connect fine using OWA, so the username,
password and domain are fine.

Any help is much appreciated,
Frank Mirecki

2. Problem sending mail attachments

3. windows XP outlook XP exchange 2000

4. warnings when running isinteg for private IS

5. Exchange 2000 SP3 Windows XP/Office XP Connectivity Problem

6. Help! IS and IMC stop again and again...

7. Windows XP, Office XP & Server 2000

8. Exchange and Outlook

9. Exchange 2000 / Outlook 2000 and Windows XP Home Edition

10. Outlook XP not connecting/hanging when connecting to Exchange 2000

11. Outlook 2000 on Windows XP with Exchange 5.5

12. Outlook 2000 on Windows XP on Exchange 5.5