how to connect Exchange server to Internet!

how to connect Exchange server to Internet!

Post by Frederic Pagea » Thu, 09 Dec 1999 04:00:00

I have a exchange server connected to Internet. For now, this server as a
modem on it and i installed the IMS with the connection properties page set
to using a RAS. So this server is directly connected to Internet.

Now we are setting up an IIS 4.0 and Proxy 2.0 and we do not want to put all
these 3 server on the same machine. How do I set my exchange to foward and
receive the mail. from behind my proxy on another machine. Note that this
Exchange will not be anymore connected with a modem He will use my LAN to
acces the proxy and go out .

I think about DNS ? anyother way ?

Sorry for my english,

how to connect Exchange server to Internet!

Post by Tim Co » Thu, 09 Dec 1999 04:00:00

See FAQ at link below

http://proxyfaq.networkgods.com/

or MS Qarticle at link below.

http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q181/4/20.ASP

>I have a exchange server connected to Internet. For now, this server as a
>modem on it and i installed the IMS with the connection properties page set
>to using a RAS. So this server is directly connected to Internet.

>Now we are setting up an IIS 4.0 and Proxy 2.0 and we do not want to put
all
>these 3 server on the same machine. How do I set my exchange to foward and
>receive the mail. from behind my proxy on another machine. Note that this
>Exchange will not be anymore connected with a modem He will use my LAN to
>acces the proxy and go out .

>I think about DNS ? anyother way ?

>Sorry for my english,

1. How can I connect Exchange server to Internet?

Hi, I have just configured my exchange 2000 server to be able to send and
receive email locally (within intranet). But how can I make it to connect to
internet? Actually I  have registered a domain name. What can I do so that
people can access the mail server via the POP and SMTP of the domain name?
Do I need to configure the "connector" inside the "exchange system manager"
so that email can be routed to my ISP when my exchange server receive
outgoing email via SMTP? Do I need to do anything with POP? Thank you very
much.

--
Best Regards,
Gary Lai

2. Schedule + and Exchange Client

3. URGENT : Connecting Exchange Server to Internet Advise

4. Schedule a dial-up in a Exchange 2000 Server

5. Exchange server not connected to internet trying to send internet mail

6. Change Exchange 5.5 SP4 IP address

7. Exchange client always dial up to the Internet when connected to the MS Exchange Server

8. Creating multiple test recipients

9. Can Outlook connect to exchange server using Internet?

10. connect of 2 Exchange 5.5 Servers over Internet

11. 2 Exchange 5.0 Servers connecting via Internet

12. Is it possible to connect with Exchange Server from Internet (not using OWA)

13. Connecting to an exchange server over the internet