Offline Address Book - ERROR - while sincronizing Outook Adress Book Offilene

Offline Address Book - ERROR - while sincronizing Outook Adress Book Offilene

Post by Luid » Thu, 14 Oct 1999 04:00:00

I have a serious , I think , problem...

I have 7 exchange server linked at a WAN ( 2 MBPS ) , and my address book
homed at one server ...

Allways all users sincronize their address book ... but now there is a
problem...
when they choose to sinchronize outlook adress book ... one message appears
...its graphic but I write it here : "
"  An error ocurred while opening the microsoft Exchange offline Adress book
files on the microsoft exchange server. See your administrator "
After this :
"  Unable to download the offiline adress book. The microsoft exchange
Address book could not be accessed. "

At the event viewr one message error :

The description for Event ID ( 5004 ) in Source ( MSExchangeSA ) could not
be found. It contains the following insertion string(s): The Microsoft
Exchange Server computer is not available. Either there are network problems
or the Microsoft Exchange Server computer is down for maintenance. Microsoft
Exchange Server Information Store ID no: 8004011d-0526-00000000.

But allways when I see other messages at event viewer :  " Generation of the
offline Address Book is complete. Result: The operation has completed
successfully. "

If I change the address book home server to nother it can be ok ???

Thanks
Luidi

1. Offline Address Book -- Exchange 5.5 Outlook Offline Address Book -- Any way to get this back

I am getting an error when trying to generate the Offline Address book in
Exchange Admin.  It appears of if it has been removed.

Situation:
I moved all my mailboxes to a new server.  I also had the new server
replicate all the public folder info from the old server.  Once replicated I
removed the replicas from the old server.  I believe the OAB did not
replicate over and now I cannot generate it from either of the servers, nor
can i download it from the client.

The Event ID and error I am getting is very general and cannot be found in
TechNet:

"EVENT ID: 5004
Source:MSExchangeSA
Generation of the offline Address Book is complete. Result: An error
occurred. "

IS there any way to make this again?  Please say yes.

Thanks in advance.

2. Ignore NNTP System test...

3. Help Please

4. Customizing the Exchange 2000 Conferencing Server video conferencing client

5. Address Book Views and Offline Address Book

6. programmatic modification of members of a distribution list (DL) on the global address list (GAL)

7. Offline Address Book and Address Book Views problems

8. Help with Offline Address Books and Address Book Views please

9. Offline address book doesn't contain entire Global Address Book

10. OFFLINE ADRESS BOOK ERROR

11. Offline adress book syncronisation Error 0x80004005