Bulk GAL entry Creation from First and Last Name (NT4 and 5.5)

Bulk GAL entry Creation from First and Last Name (NT4 and 5.5)

Post by Jag Ma » Fri, 28 Mar 2003 20:24:43

Hi,

I have been given a excel list of 300 users by the HR for which they
want directory entries on our Exchange address book (GAL).
Now some of these users have NT accounts and some don't. For those who
do they do not necessarily log on to the domain at all.
What I have is a list with First Name, Last Name, address, dept, phone
no etc.
Am I right in assuming that I will have to manually populate the
display and alias fields on the excel sheet before I can import it
into Exchange?
Will this create an Exchange Mailbox for them as well?
What about there NT Accounts! Can I point them all to use a generic NT
account?

Any feedback greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Jag Mann

Post by MV » Fri, 28 Mar 2003 22:12:19

>Hi,

>I have been given a excel list of 300 users by the HR for which they
>want directory entries on our Exchange address book (GAL).
>Now some of these users have NT accounts and some don't. For those who
>do they do not necessarily log on to the domain at all.
>What I have is a list with First Name, Last Name, address, dept, phone
>no etc.
>Am I right in assuming that I will have to manually populate the
>display and alias fields on the excel sheet before I can import it
>into Exchange?
>Will this create an Exchange Mailbox for them as well?
>What about there NT Accounts! Can I point them all to use a generic NT
>account?

>Any feedback greatly appreciated.

>Thanks

>Jag Mann

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;155594
The key is the obj class. Setting remote will generate the CR and not
a mailbox.

http://www.swinc.com/resource/e2kfaq_appxc.htm

Bulk GAL entry Creation from First and Last Name (NT4 and 5.5)

Post by Aaro » Sat, 29 Mar 2003 02:01:27

See Below

Quote:>-----Original Message-----
>Hi,

>I have been given a excel list of 300 users by the HR for
which they
>want directory entries on our Exchange address book (GAL).
>Now some of these users have NT accounts and some don't.
For those who
>do they do not necessarily log on to the domain at all.
>What I have is a list with First Name, Last Name,

address, dept, phone

Quote:>no etc.
>Am I right in assuming that I will have to manually
populate the
>display and alias fields on the excel sheet before I can
import it
>into Exchange?

Yes you will need to populate with something, as well as
a "Directory Name" that matches your standard.

Quote:>Will this create an Exchange Mailbox for them as well?

If you want it to.  Under the Obj-Class column
use "Mailbox".  Under the Mode column use "create".

For Custom Recipients use "Remote" under the Obj-Class
column.

Be sure to do the import into the container that you want
to create them in.

Quote:>What about there NT Accounts! Can I point them all to use
a generic NT
>account?

You could point them all to the same account using
the "Primary Windows NT Account" field in the CSV.  Be
sure to specify domain "DOMAIN\username"

See also: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?
scid=kb;en-us;155414

Quote:

>Any feedback greatly appreciated.

>Thanks

>Jag Mann
>.

1. GAL sort by last, first name, with from email from First Last

Hi all,

Is it possible to have a user's AD Display Name field be Last, First but when he
sends an email with Outlook have it arrive from First Last?  Or is there some
other way to sort the GAL by Last, First yet have emails arrive from First Last?

thanks,
Karnov

2. setup 3 Ex 2k sp3 servers.....

3. Global Address List Display -Last Name VS First name or First name Last name

4. Fax

5. GAL and last, first / first-last

6. X400 Stack Add On

7. First name Last name in GAL

8. Setup Visual Studio to edit Server-side Exchange Scripts.

9. Display GAL by last name, first name

10. GAL last name first

11. Changing GAL to display last name first

12. how can I change the GAL by last name first

13. First Last..Last, First...Both?