Mail Enabled Public Folder - Inbound SMTP Mail from other domains shows as Post

Mail Enabled Public Folder - Inbound SMTP Mail from other domains shows as Post

Post by Akshy » Sat, 14 Apr 2001 00:08:45

Mail received in Public folders received from outside the domain shows up as
a Post.  Although I have seen discussion of this issue and suggestions for
work around.  Suggestions of work around inlcude:

1. Use a utlity to change message class of the item periodically after
    they have been received.

2. Use exchange eventsync (we are running exchange in native mode).

2nd solutions seems more acceptable.  Does anyone know if code
and method of creating event sync exists to accomplich this.  Are there
other work arounds available.

Alex

Mail Enabled Public Folder - Inbound SMTP Mail from other domains shows as Post

Post by Akshy » Sun, 29 Apr 2001 23:09:34

Any Help on this??

Alex

> Mail received in Public folders received from outside the domain shows up
as
> a Post.  Although I have seen discussion of this issue and suggestions for
> work around.  Suggestions of work around inlcude:

> 1. Use a utlity to change message class of the item periodically after
>     they have been received.

> 2. Use exchange eventsync (we are running exchange in native mode).

> 2nd solutions seems more acceptable.  Does anyone know if code
> and method of creating event sync exists to accomplich this.  Are there
> other work arounds available.

> Alex

1. Exchange 2003mail enabled Public folder shows post not emails

I mail enabled a public folder..when ever someone from the outside of our
domain emails to that adress it shows the email as a post and not an email.

If I email the folder from the inside it shows correctly ..as a mail
item..anyone know how to get it to show correctly?

Also is there a way to show the number of un-read emails in a mail enabled
public folder like it shows in your inbox?

thanks

2. Comapny Address List

3. cannot send SMTP mail to mail-enabled Public Folders

4. Offline Folders gets recreated every sunday>???

5. Email enabled public folder receiving mails in POST format

6. EntryID problem

7. New mail Public Folder shows as POST

8. exchange 5.5 pgp email encryption

9. E-mail message show up as post in Public Folder (Exchange Server 2000)

10. smtp address of mail enabled Public Folder

11. SMTP mail to public folder appears as Post

12. SMTP Mail Sent to Public Folders shows up as notes

13. E-mail addresses for mail enabled Public Folders are not automatically created