Outlook web Access

Post by Onder Boyda » Wed, 25 Apr 2001 20:35:39

Hi all ;

we use outlook web access on NT 4.0 + SP6 + Exchange 5.5.
this system is working properly locally
we use proxy server 2.0 for connecting internet.
we want to access our mails by internet.
could you give us informations about this.

Outlook web Access

Post by Lanwenc » Wed, 25 Apr 2001 21:15:41

I'm not exactly sure what your question is - do you want to access your
Exchange server from the internet? Get a proper firewall and use VPN.

Quote:> Hi all ;

> we use outlook web access on NT 4.0 + SP6 + Exchange 5.5.
> this system is working properly locally
> we use proxy server 2.0 for connecting internet.
> we want to access our mails by internet.
> could you give us informations about this.

Outlook web Access

Post by mark » Wed, 25 Apr 2001 21:10:00

go to proxy / web proxy / publishing

enable publishing and but the routed pathes in ie

http://owa.yuzyilisil.k.12.tr
http://server IP/exchange

Quote:> Hi all ;

> we use outlook web access on NT 4.0 + SP6 + Exchange 5.5.
> this system is working properly locally
> we use proxy server 2.0 for connecting internet.
> we want to access our mails by internet.
> could you give us informations about this.

Outlook web Access

Post by Onder Boyda » Wed, 25 Apr 2001 21:41:23

yes I want to access exchange server  5.5 outlook web access from
internet. But I don't use firewall. And I can't get a firewall.
Exchange server is under Proxy server and Exchange server is using
localy iP.

how Can I do ?

Thanks

> I'm not exactly sure what your question is - do you want to access your
> Exchange server from the internet? Get a proper firewall and use VPN.

> > Hi all ;

> > we use outlook web access on NT 4.0 + SP6 + Exchange 5.5.
> > this system is working properly locally
> > we use proxy server 2.0 for connecting internet.
> > we want to access our mails by internet.
> > could you give us informations about this.

Outlook web Access

Post by ROU Dead of Nigh » Wed, 25 Apr 2001 21:56:10

Proxy Server *is* a firewall (albeit a poor one).

You need

o a real IP address
o a DNS entry (A record) for your OWA server with this address
o to configure your Proxy Server correctly
o to review your security / hotfixes

See this for further details :

http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q207/6/55.ASP

XWEB: Setting Up Web Publishing and OWA Access Through a Proxy

Post by Lanwenc » Wed, 25 Apr 2001 22:21:16

That's why I said "proper". :)

> Proxy Server *is* a firewall (albeit a poor one).

> You need

> o a real IP address
> o a DNS entry (A record) for your OWA server with this address
> o to configure your Proxy Server correctly
> o to review your security / hotfixes

> See this for further details :

> http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q207/6/55.ASP

> XWEB: Setting Up Web Publishing and OWA Access Through a Proxy

> > yes I want to access exchange server  5.5 outlook web access from
> > internet. But I don't use firewall. And I can't get a firewall.
> > Exchange server is under Proxy server and Exchange server is using
> > localy iP.

> > how Can I do ?

> > Thanks

> > > I'm not exactly sure what your question is - do you want to access
your
> > > Exchange server from the internet? Get a proper firewall and use VPN.

Outlook web Access

Post by Lanwenc » Wed, 25 Apr 2001 22:15:46

Sorry, I misunderstood. I thought you said OWA <was> working and that you
wanted MAPI access.