Groupshield5.0 on Exchange5.5sp4?

Post by David Thor Johnso » Fri, 19 Jul 2002 05:32:23

Has anyone installed Groupshield 5.0 on exchange 5.5sp4? Any problems,
issues?

Groupshield5.0 on Exchange5.5sp4?

Post by Susa » Fri, 19 Jul 2002 05:43:48

is this an upgrade?  fresh install? quite frankly, since I've been using GSE
for the last 3+ years, I would stay away from it.  I don't like the product.
Have you considered using anything else?  Antigen is pretty much the
preferred one for Exchange, in this NG...but, to be fair, 5.0 has been (so
far) the best of the GSE versions.  I've installed it 4 times.  On my test
server, it blew up, and overwrote my entire org forms library (previous
versions did this on my production servers, on several occasions).  But on
the 3 production servers, it's installed without issue.  My advice - get
something else...

Quote:> Has anyone installed Groupshield 5.0 on exchange 5.5sp4? Any problems,
> issues?

Groupshield5.0 on Exchange5.5sp4?

Post by Chri » Fri, 19 Jul 2002 06:13:36

Upgraded to 5 from 4.5, no issues or problems at all.
Exchange actually seems to perform just a little better
now. Cant guarantee it was the upgrade, but its the only
thing that changed and stats are much better through
perfmon. Good luck.
Quote:>-----Original Message-----
>Has anyone installed Groupshield 5.0 on exchange 5.5sp4?
Any problems,
>issues?

>.

1. IE5.5sp2 on exchange5.5sp4?

Has anyone installed IE5.5sp2 on Exchange 5.5sp4? Any problems, Issues? We
are no longer able to update our Groupshield 4.5 DAT's through Mcafee's
internet update option after replacing our firewall a couple of weeks ago.
We can manually apply the DAT's but the internet update is more convenient.
We have web and FTP access on the exchange box but it can't seem to access
the Mcafee site through groupshield but can through web and ftp. I'm
thinking that if we update our browser from IE4 that it (IE5.5) will come
with a better connector to Mcafee through Groupshield. Any help is
appreciated.

2. Meeting requests turn into ordinary mail

3. MIME help! Outlook'97 and Exchange5.5sp4

4. Does OWA require RDS?

5. Move Exchange5.5_sp2 to Exchange5.5_sp4 on a w2k srvr

6. Exchange Server 5 with ISDN Router

7. slow mails from exchange5.5 to exchange5.0 server

8. Define Second SMTP email address

9. Inplace upgrade Exchange 5.5SP4 to Exchange 2000 on Windows2000

10. Too W2KSp4 on Exchange 5.5Sp4, or not?

11. Install Exchange 5.5SP4 on Win2kSP4?

12. Info Store crashing after online defrag EX5.5SP4/NT4sp6a

13. Point OWA to new Exchange server (5.5SP4)