ESE97 Error

Post by Jon » Wed, 26 Sep 2001 23:25:47

Good Morning.
I need help.  I am running Exchange 5.5 with SP4.  I keep
getting ESE97 errors in Event viewer.
Event ID: 116
Checksum, error 1018.
I did a soft recovery on the Priv.edb file.  It was in a
consistant state after I did that.  Then I tried to delete
e-mail from a mailbox and started to recieve this error
again.  Event though I am recieving this error all
services and e-mail is still running.  Any Ideas
Thanks
JB

ESE97 Error

Post by Kirrin Jone » Thu, 27 Sep 2001 05:34:23

The Microsoft Exchange Server computer has suffered from service database
corruption as a result of the Exchange database being compressed and growing
beyond 4 GB in size.

WORKAROUND
==========
To work around this problem, decompress the database drive, if applicable,
and
restore from a backup.
If a good backup is not available, decompress the Priv.edb and Pub.edb files
and
bring the database to consistency by performing an EDButil /r /ispriv and/or
/ispub for Exchange Server versions 4.0 and 5.0. For Exchange Server version
5.5, use ESEutil /r /ispriv and/or /ispub.
If the above steps are not successful, the database may need to be repaired
bring it to consistency.

Quote:> Good Morning.
> I need help.  I am running Exchange 5.5 with SP4.  I keep
> getting ESE97 errors in Event viewer.
> Event ID: 116
> Checksum, error 1018.
> I did a soft recovery on the Priv.edb file.  It was in a
> consistant state after I did that.  Then I tried to delete
> e-mail from a mailbox and started to recieve this error
> again.  Event though I am recieving this error all
> services and e-mail is still running.  Any Ideas
> Thanks
> JB

1. ESE97 Error

Good Morning.
I need help.  I am running Exchange 5.5 with SP4.  I keep
getting ESE97 errors in Event viewer.
Event ID: 116
Checksum, error 1018.
I did a soft recovery on the Priv.edb file.  It was in a
consistant state after I did that.  Then I tried to delete
e-mail from a mailbox and started to recieve this error
again.  Event though I am recieving this error all
services and e-mail is still running.  Any Ideas
Thanks
JB

2. duplicate mailboxes??

3. Hekp, ESE97 error in event log - look at this:

4. DSEXPORT.EXE

5. ESE97 Error 200

6. GAL with Exchange Agent

7. ESE97 errors!

8. Pulling information from public folders to a web site?

9. Online Defragmentation Failure - Event ID 184 ESE97 -error 1605

10. ESE97 error

11. 12 ESE97 errors per SECOND

12. ESE97 Error in Application log