Error 2140: Internal Windows NT error

Post by bjorn forsel » Sat, 25 Mar 2000 04:00:00

NT 4 sp5 with Exchange Server 5.5 reports:

"Could not start the Microsoft Exchange Transfer Agent service.
Error 2140: An internal Windows NT error occurred."

I have  tried to start the servic manual but not succeded.
I have also tried to restart the server, but that does not help.

How does I solve this problem????

Bjorn Forselv

Error 2140: Internal Windows NT error

Post by Kirill S. Palagi » Sat, 25 Mar 2000 04:00:00

Look in Application Event log.

> NT 4 sp5 with Exchange Server 5.5 reports:

> "Could not start the Microsoft Exchange Transfer Agent service.
> Error 2140: An internal Windows NT error occurred."

> I have  tried to start the servic manual but not succeded.
> I have also tried to restart the server, but that does not help.

> How does I solve this problem????

> Bjorn Forselv

group).

Kirill

Error 2140: Internal Windows NT error

Post by Trici » Sat, 25 Mar 2000 04:00:00

The 2140 error is just stating that the service did not start. You will
receive that error for all services that do not start. Check your
application log in event viewer for more information on exactly why the
service wont start.

Quote:> NT 4 sp5 with Exchange Server 5.5 reports:

> "Could not start the Microsoft Exchange Transfer Agent service.
> Error 2140: An internal Windows NT error occurred."

> I have  tried to start the servic manual but not succeded.
> I have also tried to restart the server, but that does not help.

> How does I solve this problem????

> Bjorn Forselv

1. Error 2140 Internal Windows NT Error ( German Version)

Hello,
I have problem with starting of the Exchange services. During starting of
ExchangeDS it's failed.
Message: Unable to start Service, Error 2140 Internal Windows NT Error
 Translation from German )
Event ID: MSExchangeDS((239)) Unexpected NT API Error 0xC000000D
Environment: Windows NT 4.0 SP3, Exchange Server 5.5 SR1

I read about the same problems in the englich Version.

Thanks in advance.

Erich

2. backup&reinstall

3. Error 2140: An internal Windows NT error occurred

4. Ghost Installer Studio 2.0 to be released on Nov. 19, 2001

5. public folders restrictions

6. Error 2140: An internal Windows NT error.....

7. Multiple Storage Groups

8. Error 2140: An internal Windows NT Error occurred

9. Starting ME Internet Mail Service gives error 2140 (Internal Windows Error)

10. error 2140: an Internal NT error occured

11. Error 2140: NT internal error when starting Directory service