Event Service error 2140

Post by Rod Daviso » Sat, 15 Apr 2000 04:00:00

I am getting an event service error 2140 when starting.  I followed the
technet document q190993 without success...  What is this service used for
and how can I get it to start agian...  Thanks in advance.

Event Service error 2140

Post by Kirill S. Palagi » Sat, 15 Apr 2000 04:00:00

Take a look in Application Event log.

> I am getting an event service error 2140 when starting.  I followed the
> technet document q190993 without success...  What is this service used for
> and how can I get it to start agian...  Thanks in advance.

group).

Kirill

Event Service error 2140

Post by Rod Daviso » Sat, 15 Apr 2000 04:00:00

This is the exact error plus the application log error...

When trying to start the service An unexpected mapi error occured. Error
returned was 0x80040154

The application log says, Could not start MSExchange event service. Service
error 2140: An internal windowsNT error occured.
Thanks.

> Take a look in Application Event log.

> > I am getting an event service error 2140 when starting.  I followed the
> > technet document q190993 without success...  What is this service used
for
> > and how can I get it to start agian...  Thanks in advance.

> --
> If you feel that anything in my post needs correction - feel free to do so
(in
> group).
> And please, keep all discussions in NG, so that everybody can participate.

> Kirill

Event Service error 2140

Post by Kirill S. Palagi » Sun, 16 Apr 2000 04:00:00

Did it ever started?

> This is the exact error plus the application log error...

> When trying to start the service An unexpected mapi error occured. Error
> returned was 0x80040154

> The application log says, Could not start MSExchange event service. Service
> error 2140: An internal windowsNT error occured.
> Thanks.

> > Take a look in Application Event log.

> > > I am getting an event service error 2140 when starting.  I followed the
> > > technet document q190993 without success...  What is this service used
> for
> > > and how can I get it to start agian...  Thanks in advance.

> > --
> > If you feel that anything in my post needs correction - feel free to do so
> (in
> > group).
> > And please, keep all discussions in NG, so that everybody can participate.

> > Kirill

group).

Kirill

Event Service error 2140

Post by Rod Daviso » Tue, 18 Apr 2000 04:00:00

Well the the event logs it says it started then it says it ended
sucesfully..

> Did it ever started?

> > This is the exact error plus the application log error...

> > When trying to start the service An unexpected mapi error occured. Error
> > returned was 0x80040154

> > The application log says, Could not start MSExchange event service.
Service
> > error 2140: An internal windowsNT error occured.
> > Thanks.

in