exchange5.5

Post by Ronald Williams, I » Fri, 16 Apr 1999 04:00:00

Does anyone know where I can find info on exchange 5.5? My company is
looking to add exchange and we want to test a few accounts before adding
it. The problem I'm running into is related to SMTP. I need to know how
to set this up, so that our current mail server ( dublin) will send the
mail to exchange.

thanks,

--
Ronald Williams, II
Systems Administrator

exchange5.5

Post by Kirill S. Palagi » Sun, 18 Apr 1999 04:00:00

Sources of info:
http://support.microsoft.com/support/exchange
www.swinc.com
www.slipstick.com
You can get eval cersion from M$ (and if you do then you should get get a
patch for  eval version).
Then you will setup InternetMailConnector to transfer  messages to and from
your current mail server.

> Does anyone know where I can find info on exchange 5.5? My company is
> looking to add exchange and we want to test a few accounts before adding
> it. The problem I'm running into is related to SMTP. I need to know how
> to set this up, so that our current mail server ( dublin) will send the
> mail to exchange.

> thanks,

> --
> Ronald Williams, II
> Systems Administrator
> Pangea Systems, Inc.
> 510-628-0107 ext. 228

1. Move Exchange5.5_sp2 to Exchange5.5_sp4 on a w2k srvr

Hi,
  I have a windows NT4.0 domain
It has Exchange 5.5_SP2 on a winNt 4.0 server.
I have to set up a new Win2K server and installed
Exchange 5.5 With SP4 on it.  I have to join our existing
site and move all of our mailboxes to the new server.

Please Help; Could you tell me in a step by step manner,
how to go about this?
What are the pit falls?
Does it matter that I'm going from SP2 to SP4 on a
diffrent server in the same site?

                    Thanks for your favarable response

2. Upgrade 5.0 -> 5.5: Error ID#: c106fdda & c1032c08: Directory Replication Format Conversion Error FIX!

3. slow mails from exchange5.5 to exchange5.0 server

4. smtpsvc 'The handle is invalid' error 4000

5. URGENT! installed Exchange5.5 in a site with Exchange5.0....now 5.0 won't start (inproxy.dll error)

6. Move mailbox operation hangs in Exch 5.5

7. Message.Fields.Add PRB:exchange5.5/Outlook XP

8. Exchange behind a firewall

9. Exchange5.5 on 2000 server

10. SBS (Exchange5.5) Mails r lost downloaded by Pop Downloader

11. How to prevent SMTP banner from Exchange5.5

12. OWA Exchange5.5 on win2000

13. error 0x8004011d in IExchangeEventSink under exchange5.5