Sick and tired of error: Id no: 80004005

Sick and tired of error: Id no: 80004005

Post by Dave » Sat, 17 Feb 2001 03:18:09



Sick and tired of  error:
Operation failed
Id no: 80004005
Exchange System Manager

I have read through every posting since January 1 and cannot get it fixed.
I have a W2K Server and EX2K Single Domain and Single Domain
Controller...(adding another one soon.  Any MORE IDEAS?

Your help would be appreciated!

 
 
 

Sick and tired of error: Id no: 80004005

Post by Stev » Sat, 17 Feb 2001 05:59:53


I had this problem when installing Exchange Server 2000.  Turned out to be
that the W3 service had somehow disappeared and registry settings for the
information store were failing during setup, over and over.  After finding
the problem, I uninstalled Exchange Server 2000 and IIS 5, then reinstalled
IIS 5 followed by Exchange and the error disappeared and the installation
went fine.

I too could find nothing about this error message, but  my guess is the
problem lies in IIS 5.0 and not Exchange 2k.

Steve K.


Quote:> Sick and tired of  error:
> Operation failed
> Id no: 80004005
> Exchange System Manager

> I have read through every posting since January 1 and cannot get it fixed.
> I have a W2K Server and EX2K Single Domain and Single Domain
> Controller...(adding another one soon.  Any MORE IDEAS?

> Your help would be appreciated!


 
 
 

Sick and tired of error: Id no: 80004005

Post by Jean-Marie MEL » Tue, 20 Feb 2001 23:09:10


dave,
the 80004005 is a standard error code wich means 'system call failed'.
so that can be just anything [that's why you have so many way to correct
this error]
you can try to just restart the IIS server once your server is up.
(sometimes IIS starts before exchange finish to start)
but of course that's just one possibility.
Very often (not to say always) this error happens because you changed
something in the configuration (I also had this probleme with the pre sp2
hotfix) so maybe that going trough every changes you made will lead you to
find a solution.

regards
jm.

--
Jean-Marie MELE Systems & Network Engineer
Startem - Computing departement
60, rue de Ponthieu - 75008 Paris - France
Tel : +33 (0)1 56 43 24 05 - Fax : +33 (0)1 56 43 24 25
http://www.startem.net

> I had this problem when installing Exchange Server 2000.  Turned out to be
> that the W3 service had somehow disappeared and registry settings for the
> information store were failing during setup, over and over.  After finding
> the problem, I uninstalled Exchange Server 2000 and IIS 5, then
reinstalled
> IIS 5 followed by Exchange and the error disappeared and the installation
> went fine.

> I too could find nothing about this error message, but  my guess is the
> problem lies in IIS 5.0 and not Exchange 2k.

> Steve K.



> > Sick and tired of  error:
> > Operation failed
> > Id no: 80004005
> > Exchange System Manager

> > I have read through every posting since January 1 and cannot get it
fixed.
> > I have a W2K Server and EX2K Single Domain and Single Domain
> > Controller...(adding another one soon.  Any MORE IDEAS?

> > Your help would be appreciated!

 
 
 

Sick and tired of error: Id no: 80004005

Post by Lawrence Ros » Sat, 10 Mar 2001 20:40:45


Dave

Try searching the MSKB for 80004005 (Search of TechNet and MSKB
recommended). You get plenty of possible causes, e.g. see Q282076 is a very
likely candidate.

HTH

Lawrence


Quote:> Sick and tired of  error:
> Operation failed
> Id no: 80004005
> Exchange System Manager

> I have read through every posting since January 1 and cannot get it fixed.
> I have a W2K Server and EX2K Single Domain and Single Domain
> Controller...(adding another one soon.  Any MORE IDEAS?

> Your help would be appreciated!

 
 
 

Sick and tired of error: Id no: 80004005

Post by msnews.microsoft.co » Sun, 11 Mar 2001 00:39:27


And if Q282076 doesn't fix it?

I have a brand new server - clean install of W2K, SP1, then E2K, then IIS
hotfix for w3svc.dll

I can access public folders from WebOutlook, Outlook Express (Imap4),
Outlook 2000 (MAPI)

BUT . . .
    I can't access public folders from the System Manager
    Keeps tossing the 80004005
        Single server network, E2K is on the AD Server
        I am logged on as the local administrator
        The same account that E2K was installed under

Dangit


> Dave

> Try searching the MSKB for 80004005 (Search of TechNet and MSKB
> recommended). You get plenty of possible causes, e.g. see Q282076 is a
very
> likely candidate.

> HTH

> Lawrence



> > Sick and tired of  error:
> > Operation failed
> > Id no: 80004005
> > Exchange System Manager

> > I have read through every posting since January 1 and cannot get it
fixed.
> > I have a W2K Server and EX2K Single Domain and Single Domain
> > Controller...(adding another one soon.  Any MORE IDEAS?

> > Your help would be appreciated!

 
 
 

Sick and tired of error: Id no: 80004005

Post by Siegfried Weber [MVP-Exchange » Sun, 11 Mar 2001 03:18:18



> I have a brand new server - clean install of W2K, SP1, then E2K, then IIS
> hotfix for w3svc.dll

IMHO here's your problem. The first version of this hotfix had a problem
with Exchange 2000 and it has been rereleased in a newer version which is
supposed to fix it. Did you check the Microsoft Website about the latest
version of this fix?

--
Siegfried Weber

Microsoft Most Valuable Professional (MVP) - Exchange Server
Co-author of "Professional CDO Programming", Wrox Press 1999

CDOLive - The Premier Resource for Microsoft Messaging and Collaboration
Application Development
http://www.cdolive.com

Please reply to the newsgroups so that others can benefit from the
discussion.
Questions by e-mail are discarded without further notice - filter active.

 
 
 

Sick and tired of error: Id no: 80004005

Post by Jeff Dunmal » Tue, 13 Mar 2001 06:08:57


Quote:> And if Q282076 doesn't fix it?

> I have a brand new server - clean install of W2K, SP1, then E2K, then IIS
> hotfix for w3svc.dll

I ran into this problem too.  What Q282076 doesn't mention is this: the
default web site must be running on the Exchange Server.  Make sure you
haven't stopped it.

-Jeff

 
 
 

1. Sick and tired of error: Id no: 80004005

Sick and tired of  error:
Operation failed
Id no: 80004005
Exchange System Manager

I have read through every posting since January 1 and cannot get it fixed.
I have a W2K Server and EX2K Single Domain and Single Domain
Controller...(adding another one soon.  Any MORE IDEAS?

Your help would be appreciated!

2. NAV for Internet Email Gateway

3. Dial Up Connections

4. SICK OF BEING SICK? TIRED OF FEELING TIRED?

5. Mailboxes Accessible to anyone<Yikes>

6. Event Id: 7200, Error Code 80004005

7. Auto reply to incomming message

8. Error ID 80004005 when accesing Help in Exchange System Manager

9. create the new user- error ID number: 80004005

10. ID error: 80004005 ???

11. Help! Error: ID no: 80004005

12. Error ID no: 80004005