relay for trouble

Post by gedgano » Wed, 19 May 1999 04:00:00

It has been selected on Do not reroute... I found that in POP3 and IMAP4
there is Authentication Tab. Should I select MCIS membership system and
MCIS Membership system using SSL check box?
Best Regards,

relay for trouble

Post by gedgano » Wed, 19 May 1999 04:00:00

I received this mail from system. What should I do?
" The following recipients did not receive the attached mail. Reasons are
listed with each recipient:

 MSEXCH:IMS:NPC:OLEFINS:OLEFINS 0 (000C05A6) Unknown Recipient " then it
shows me this attachment.
" This program (re)tests for open relays.

Open relays are automatically added to the ORBS Open Relay
Database (see http://www.orbs.org/ for details)".

relay for trouble

Post by Rich Matheisen [MV » Wed, 19 May 1999 04:00:00

>I received this mail from system. What should I do?
>" The following recipients did not receive the attached mail. Reasons are
>listed with each recipient:

> MSEXCH:IMS:NPC:OLEFINS:OLEFINS 0 (000C05A6) Unknown Recipient " then it
>shows me this attachment.
>" This program (re)tests for open relays.

>Open relays are automatically added to the ORBS Open Relay
>Database (see http://www.orbs.org/ for details)".

What release of Exchange are you running? Do you also have POP3 or
IMAP4 clients?

The answer may be as simple as selecting the "Do not reroute..."
button on the IMS "Routing" tab. If you need more control then you'll
have to run Exchange 5.5.

------------------
Rich Matheisen
MCSE, Exchange MVP

relay for trouble

Post by Rich Matheisen [MV » Fri, 21 May 1999 04:00:00

>It has been selected on Do not reroute... I found that in POP3 and IMAP4
>there is Authentication Tab. Should I select MCIS membership system and
>MCIS Membership system using SSL check box?

Unless you have a MCIS system I wouldn't try to use its membership
database for authentication!

If you mean that the "Do not reroute..." has been selected all the
while, then you need to do nothing. The messages are not rerouted in
that case.

If you mean that you JUST selected the "Do not reroute..." button then
there's no need to worry about authentication by the IMS. You're not
going to relay SMTP messages, no matter who sends them.

------------------
Rich Matheisen
MCSE, Exchange MVP

1. Relaying Troubles

I have an Exchange 2000 SP2 server, and host multiple domains for customers
over the Internet to get their mail.  (ISP-like.)  Anyway, I am trying to
disable relaying, this is what my config was before changing anything: In
AccessControl / Authentication, I have Anonymous Access allowed.  In the
Relay portion, I have All Except the List Below selected.

I then unchecked Anonymous, and selected Only the List Below and made sure
the bottom checkbox is selected (if they authenticate, allow relaying) per
Q310380.  Once I do this, I stop receiving any incoming mail.  I read on one
thread that someone needed to add their incoming domain into the 'Receiver
Policy'.  Where is that?

Any help is appreciated,
Thanks,
Rocky

2. 4x9GB or 9x4GB HDs for Private Store?

3. RELAYING TROUBLE !

4. How do I merge two exchange from different domain.

5. mail relay troubles

6. Exchange 5.0 and ADSL

7. Troubles with clients sending e-mail in a NO RELAY SPAM Server

8. Internet Services and Storage Serv. shutdown

9. Trouble relaying Email from Express

10. relay trouble

11. SMTP Relaying & OWA Trouble

12. Trouble relaying Email from Express