Block to use Exchange like SMTP server from Internet

Block to use Exchange like SMTP server from Internet

Post by Rimas M » Mon, 11 Jun 2001 21:33:10

Hi,

Can you tell me how to block access to Exchange server by port 25 to use it
like SMTP server form Internet?
Only to have this possibility in Internal network.

Thanks

Regards

Rimas

Block to use Exchange like SMTP server from Internet

Post by Lanwenc » Mon, 11 Jun 2001 22:11:39

If you mean that you only want to use Exchange for an internal mail server,
make sure your firewall doesn't permit incoming SMTP and don't install the
Internet Mail connector on your Exchange server.

Quote:> Hi,

> Can you tell me how to block access to Exchange server by port 25 to use
it
> like SMTP server form Internet?
> Only to have this possibility in Internal network.

> Thanks

> Regards

> Rimas

Block to use Exchange like SMTP server from Internet

Post by Rimas M » Tue, 12 Jun 2001 00:57:11

Hi,

No, I meen I don't like to have somebody using my server for spam from
external network (Internet).

Rimas

> If you mean that you only want to use Exchange for an internal mail
server,
> make sure your firewall doesn't permit incoming SMTP and don't install the
> Internet Mail connector on your Exchange server.

> > Hi,

> > Can you tell me how to block access to Exchange server by port 25 to use
> it
> > like SMTP server form Internet?
> > Only to have this possibility in Internal network.

> > Thanks

> > Regards

> > Rimas

Block to use Exchange like SMTP server from Internet

Post by ROU Dead of Nigh » Tue, 12 Jun 2001 18:02:09

Quote:> No, I meen I don't like to have somebody using my server for spam from
> external network (Internet).

That's not what you asked.  Lanwench answered your original question
correctly.

Search the Microsoft Knowledge Base for "exchange relay secure" and you will
find this :

http://www.microsoft.com/TechNet/exchange/relay.asp