"First Name Last Name" vs "Last Name, First Name" in GAB

"First Name Last Name" vs "Last Name, First Name" in GAB

Post by news.microsoft.co » Wed, 21 Nov 2001 01:54:28

Any comments on what your company does with the display name in the Global
Address Book and why you do it that way?

We are merging with a couple other companies and some do it one way and
others the other way. We're trying to figure out what the right way is.

Thanks,
Alan

"First Name Last Name" vs "Last Name, First Name" in GAB

Post by Tim Co » Wed, 21 Nov 2001 02:27:26

We changed ours to LN, FN because the boss wanted that way although most
people preferred FN LN. I think of people in terms of FN, not last name so
LN FN is my preference, though I'm not the boss. You'll probably have a big
boss at some point just make a mgmt decision based on his/her preferences.

--
***************
No Email Replies

Quote:> Any comments on what your company does with the display name in the Global
> Address Book and why you do it that way?

> We are merging with a couple other companies and some do it one way and
> others the other way. We're trying to figure out what the right way is.

> Thanks,
> Alan

"First Name Last Name" vs "Last Name, First Name" in GAB

Post by hlobel » Wed, 21 Nov 2001 02:54:25

The company I work for also has bought up a few smaller
companys and we have over 1000+ users.  We were running
into the problm with the First F incial last name. To fix
this once and for all we found it to better to do

with user account anymore.

We have also found that the sales dep. liked having FN
and LN, it made there e-mails more personal to the client
and it the client liked to have the full name of the
person sending the e-mail.

Quote:>-----Original Message-----
>We changed ours to LN, FN because the boss wanted that
way although most
>people preferred FN LN. I think of people in terms of

FN, not last name so
Quote:>LN FN is my preference, though I'm not the boss. You'll
probably have a big
>boss at some point just make a mgmt decision based on

his/her preferences.

>--
>***************
>No Email Replies

message

>> Any comments on what your company does with the

display name in the Global
Quote:>> Address Book and why you do it that way?

>> We are merging with a couple other companies and some
do it one way and
>> others the other way. We're trying to figure out what
the right way is.

>> Thanks,
>> Alan

>.

"First Name Last Name" vs "Last Name, First Name" in GAB

Post by Lanwenc » Wed, 21 Nov 2001 08:41:56

I like last name, first name in the display. It just looks more professional
to me.

If you're using Exchange 5.5 and want addresses to resolve on first name as
well, so that someone can just type in "Judy", and not "Smith, Judy", see
Q155715.