Exchange 5, news and people outside our organization

Exchange 5, news and people outside our organization

Post by Janice How » Wed, 10 Sep 1997 04:00:00

I don't believe that it is possible to change the NT password from an NNTP
client.
--
Janice Howd, Exchange MVP, MCSE, MCT

Quote:> I have installed Exchange server 5. Newsgroups for internet works well.

Post by anja.karei.. » Wed, 10 Sep 1997 04:00:00

I have installed Exchange server 5. Newsgroups for internet works well.

We can use accounts with password and anonymous accounts.

But I want to create discussion groups (= public folders to internet)
for people who are not working in our organization. I want that they
have account with password, becouse I want to restrict to read
newsgroups.

They can read news with Nttp-client,  I know. But how they could change
their password of Nt-account?

Exchange 5, news and people outside our organization

Post by Sigi Jagot » Wed, 10 Sep 1997 04:00:00

Well, I know there's a 3rd Party utility available to change passwords over
the internet for POP3 or NNTP accounts, but I don't remember the address!
Anyway, I think this is the only way to change it as a 'normal' NNTP cannot
change any passwords!
--
Siegfried Jagott
MCSE/CNA/JS MVP

Quote:> I have installed Exchange server 5. Newsgroups for internet works well.

> We can use accounts with password and anonymous accounts.

> But I want to create discussion groups (= public folders to internet)
> for people who are not working in our organization. I want that they
> have account with password, becouse I want to restrict to read
> newsgroups.

> They can read news with Nttp-client,  I know. But how they could change
> their password of Nt-account?

1. allow outside people send mail though my exchange 2k server

Hi there,

I am new to exchange, please forgive my stupid question and poor English!

I have an exchange 2000 server installed. I want to let outside people send
mail though my exchange 2000 Server with authentication.

Actually, outside people can send mail though my exchange server when
authentication of "SMTP Virtual Server" set to "anonymous access".

I got an error message "Server respone :454.5.7.3 client does not have
permission to send as this sender" when "anonymous access" disabled.

Does anyone tell me what should I do to make the authentication success or
there are another method to acheive it.

Thanks you for all replies!

Adams Lo

2. automated messaging?

3. Block Users in Distibution List to send to Internet address (outside Exchange organization)

4. How to recover the deleted message

5. Accessing exchange mailbox from outside an organization

6. SMTP errors I think

7. how to send a mail to all people in one organization

8. Migration from VPOP3 to Exchange 5.5

9. Forwarding outside organization -- rules and out of office assistant

10. How can restrict user to sent mail outside the organization

11. Preventing users from sending mails outside the organization

12. Forwarding outside organization -- rules and out of office assistant

13. Forwarding mail to an address outside the organization