Even Admin can't delete items in Deleted tems[Pub folder]

Even Admin can't delete items in Deleted tems[Pub folder]

Post by Beas » Wed, 24 Jan 2001 14:22:12

Dear All,
How to empty/delete items in "Deleted items" folder in Public folder? It
seem nobody (even admin) can not delete any message except the
owner(poster).
I'm using Exchnage 5.0 with SP2.
Thank you

Regards,

-p0st-

Even Admin can't delete items in Deleted tems[Pub folder]

Post by Chris Scharf » Wed, 24 Jan 2001 23:21:06

Quote:>Dear All,
>How to empty/delete items in "Deleted items" folder in Public folder? It
>seem nobody (even admin) can not delete any message except the
>owner(poster).
>I'm using Exchnage 5.0 with SP2.
>Thank you

It depends on the permissions granted on the folder.

Post by Rich Matheisen [MVP » Mon, 29 Jan 2001 00:17:07

>>Dear All,
>>How to empty/delete items in "Deleted items" folder in Public folder? It
>>seem nobody (even admin) can not delete any message except the
>>owner(poster).
>>I'm using Exchnage 5.0 with SP2.
>>Thank you

>It depends on the permissions granted on the folder.

How'd a "Deleted Items" folder ever get into the Public Folder
hierarchy? I'd bet'cha that Outlook sees the folder as a "special
name" and won't do anything with it.

Try using the old Exchange client and rename the folder to something
else.

------------------
Rich Matheisen
MCSE+I, Exchange MVP

Even Admin can't delete items in Deleted tems[Pub folder]

Post by Beas » Tue, 30 Jan 2001 21:34:22

Dear Chris,

From where i can assign permission?
If i'm using Exchange admin, when I clik dleted items -> properties, it says
"The object con not be found in the directory. This may be because
replication has not completed".
I can not delete from other site too.
When Im using Exch client (with user admin ), my permision is author and
folder contact is empty.
TIA.

-p0st-

> >Dear All,
> >How to empty/delete items in "Deleted items" folder in Public folder? It
> >seem nobody (even admin) can not delete any message except the
> >owner(poster).
> >I'm using Exchnage 5.0 with SP2.
> >Thank you

> It depends on the permissions granted on the folder.

Even Admin can't delete items in Deleted tems[Pub folder]

Post by Chris Scharf » Fri, 02 Feb 2001 07:29:09

Quote:>Dear Chris,

>From where i can assign permission?
>If i'm using Exchange admin, when I clik dleted items -> properties, it says
>"The object con not be found in the directory. This may be because
>replication has not completed".
>I can not delete from other site too.
>When Im using Exch client (with user admin ), my permision is author and
>folder contact is empty.

Try searching technet for the phrase "orphan", I think it might help.