Exchange 5.5 SP2 setup error results in No transport provider...

Exchange 5.5 SP2 setup error results in No transport provider...

Post by Brian Beise » Fri, 22 Jan 1999 04:00:00

I applied NT SP4 and Exchange 5.5 SP2 to my server last week.  SP4 gave me
some problems so I uninstalled it.  After I uninstalled it I had to
re-install IIS (Option Pack) and OWA as they no longer worked.  This
required me to reinstall SP2 for Exchange 5.5.  During the SP 2 install
everything is goes well untill it gets to "Starting the Internet Mail
Service" and then I get the error -
"Self registration of the DLL c:\winnt\system32\cdonts.dll failed: 0d."  I
click OK and get -
"Processing file c:\<path>\cdo.ins at or near line 7.  The specified module
could not be found."  I click OK again and get -
"Microsoft Windows NT ID no: 0xc002007e."  It then tells me that
installation failed and I can complete it by reinstalling Exchange.
If I go into the Echange Admin it tells me that I am running SP2 even though
the install failed.

Now I have users getting the error "No transport provider was available for
delivery to this recipients".  This only happens to random users and only
once and only when they send mail to multiple internal recipients.  If they
try again after a while it goes OK.  If they send mailto the users
individually, it goes OK.

I searched on Technet and the closest related artlicle I found was Q192349.
None of the other articles related.  They mainly dealt wth pst's and offline
use etc.

The above mentioned article would be perfect if I were running SP1 as I
would just go get the Post SP1 store2 fix.

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Exchange 5.5 SP2 setup error results in No transport provider...

Post by Brian Beise » Sat, 23 Jan 1999 04:00:00

Ignore my post.  I found my answer in article Q192192

>I applied NT SP4 and Exchange 5.5 SP2 to my server last week.  SP4 gave me
>some problems so I uninstalled it.  After I uninstalled it I had to
>re-install IIS (Option Pack) and OWA as they no longer worked.  This
>required me to reinstall SP2 for Exchange 5.5.  During the SP 2 install
>everything is goes well untill it gets to "Starting the Internet Mail
>Service" and then I get the error -
>"Self registration of the DLL c:\winnt\system32\cdonts.dll failed: 0d."  I
>click OK and get -
>"Processing file c:\<path>\cdo.ins at or near line 7.  The specified module
>could not be found."  I click OK again and get -
>"Microsoft Windows NT ID no: 0xc002007e."  It then tells me that
>installation failed and I can complete it by reinstalling Exchange.
>If I go into the Echange Admin it tells me that I am running SP2 even
though
>the install failed.

>Now I have users getting the error "No transport provider was available for
>delivery to this recipients".  This only happens to random users and only
>once and only when they send mail to multiple internal recipients.  If they
>try again after a while it goes OK.  If they send mailto the users
>individually, it goes OK.

>I searched on Technet and the closest related artlicle I found was Q192349.
>None of the other articles related.  They mainly dealt wth pst's and
offline
>use etc.

>The above mentioned article would be perfect if I were running SP1 as I
>would just go get the Post SP1 store2 fix.

>Any input would be greatly appreciated.

>Thank you

1. Exchange 5.5 SP2 setup error results in No transport provider...

[...]

2. EMail traceability

3. Exchange 5.5 No transport provider was available for delivery to this recipient

4. Recovery Exchange2000?..

5. No transport provider error

6. Address books

7. Permissions: Unable to open task items in public folder

8. Transport Provider Error

9. Error - "No transport provider ...."

10. Please Help Error: "No Transport Provider"

11. No transport provider error message

12. Error: No transport provider was available