Notification: Outbound Mail Failure - Message timed out

Post by Nama » Fri, 26 Sep 2003 01:44:31

Exchange 5.5 sp 4  running on NT 4.0 sp6 box

I am getting a lot of these types of messages, for example:

A mail message was not sent because the maximum time for delivery has
expired.  The message was not delivered to the following addresses:

The message that caused this notification was:

      From:     <>
      Subject:  Undeliverable: $20 Gold Double Eagle As a 10 Mil Proof

What steps can I take to research the cause, the sender, etc...
I very seldom wear my "Exchange admin. " hat because the product
requires very little admin. so any help would be great.I have
restricted relying to a couple of internal IP's because they need it.
Also, I don't want to buy any reporting type of software if I don't
have to. Thanks in advance.

Naman Francis

1. Outbound Mail Failure - Message Timed Out

I have alot of SMTP messages sitting in the outbound message queue waiting to be
deilivered but never leaves. Some SMTP messages are able to leave but not all.
Please advise....

A mail message was not sent because the maximum time for delivery has expired.
The message was not delivered to the following addresses:

The message that caused this notification was:

Thanks,

Joe Dinh

2. POP3 authenication for remote users.

3. contacts folder

4. Errors - Outbound Mail Failure - Message timed out

5. IMC Data and Exchange 5.5

6. Outbound Mail Failure - Message Timed Out???

7. How long does Replication Take?

8. Notification: Outbound Mail Failure - A protocol error occurred.

9. Notification outbound mail failure

10. Notification: Outbound Mail Failure - A protocol error occurred.

11. Notification: Outbound Mail Failure - ?