message stuck in inbound queue (repost)

Post by willia » Sat, 08 Jul 2000 04:00:00

hi,

in our server's "inbound messages awaiting delivery" queue, there is a
message header that seems to be stuck.  when i first saw the message, i hit
[details] and it told me the details of the message, i went and found it in
the queue directories and (since it was spam anyway), went back to the IMS
properties and deleted it...  hit [refresh] a few times... went back to the
queue folder and the message was gone, but i still have the header stuck in
my queue list... although now when i hit [details] it says that it has been
delivered or deleted and to hit refresh again...  but its still there.

the server is running exch 5.5 sp3/nt 4 sp6.

anyway, it's not causing problems, but it's starting to annoy me...  if
anyone has any information on how to remove this, i would greatly appreciate
it!

thanks!  - will

message stuck in inbound queue (repost)

Post by Kirill S. Palagi » Sat, 08 Jul 2000 04:00:00

One post usually is enough.

> hi,

> in our server's "inbound messages awaiting delivery" queue, there is a
> message header that seems to be stuck.  when i first saw the message, i hit
> [details] and it told me the details of the message, i went and found it in
> the queue directories and (since it was spam anyway), went back to the IMS
> properties and deleted it...  hit [refresh] a few times... went back to the
> queue folder and the message was gone, but i still have the header stuck in
> my queue list... although now when i hit [details] it says that it has been
> delivered or deleted and to hit refresh again...  but its still there.

> the server is running exch 5.5 sp3/nt 4 sp6.

> anyway, it's not causing problems, but it's starting to annoy me...  if
> anyone has any information on how to remove this, i would greatly appreciate
> it!

> thanks!  - will

group).

Kirill

message stuck in inbound queue (repost)

Post by willia » Sat, 08 Jul 2000 04:00:00

i agree, i didn't know if it sent - i got some weird error back from our
ISPs news server...  i guess it did though - sorry.

>One post usually is enough.

>> hi,

>> in our server's "inbound messages awaiting delivery" queue, there is a
>> message header that seems to be stuck.  when i first saw the message, i
hit
>> [details] and it told me the details of the message, i went and found it
in
>> the queue directories and (since it was spam anyway), went back to the
IMS
>> properties and deleted it...  hit [refresh] a few times... went back to
the
>> queue folder and the message was gone, but i still have the header stuck
in
>> my queue list... although now when i hit [details] it says that it has
been
>> delivered or deleted and to hit refresh again...  but its still there.

>> the server is running exch 5.5 sp3/nt 4 sp6.

>> anyway, it's not causing problems, but it's starting to annoy me...  if
>> anyone has any information on how to remove this, i would greatly
appreciate
>> it!

>> thanks!  - will

>--
>If you feel that anything in my post needs correction - feel free to do so
(in
>group).
>And please, keep all discussions in NG, so that everybody can participate.

>Kirill

1. Messages Stuck in Inbound Queue

If they are in Inbound awaiting conversion, they are in
exchsrvr\imcdata\in, and can be deleted from there.
Delete the queue.dat file before restarting the IMS.  If
they are in Inbound awaiting delivery, they are in MTS-IN,
and you need a utility to delete them.  On your CD is a
util called mdbvu32.  Query on that in KB and google.

2. HELP Address Book View

3. Message stuck on the IMC Inbound Queue (Exchange 5.5)

4. Problems with OWA since 5.5SP1 (ASP 0115)

5. message stuck in inbound queue

6. edb and stm question

7. Inbound queue stuck

8. ms exchange 5.5 question

9. inbound mail stuck in queue

10. Inbound message stuck

11. Messages Stuck...inbound awaiting conversion...

12. Pending messages stuck in Inbound IMS Inbound queue! How do I?

13. Internet Mail Queue - Mail does not leave the queue all the time - Seem to get stuck