Installing admin tools for Exchange 2000 on my XP PRO

Post by Bryan Nyc » Sat, 14 Sep 2002 08:02:36

> I'm trying to install the system management tools for
> Exchange on my XP Pro.  It's complaining about the win2k
> admin tools to be install.  I install the adminpak RC1
> onto my PC but Exchange 2000 cd Does recognise this
> adminpak as valid w2k admin tools.  Bottom line is "how
> do I install admin tools for Exchange 2000 onto my XP Pro
> machine?"

This works:

Install the 2000 Admin tools (yeah, it will complain, but it works).
Install the Exchange 2000 Admin tools.
Apply whatever SP for exchange that you are using.
Remove the 2000 Admin tools, install the .NET RC1 tools.

Bryan Nyce

Installing admin tools for Exchange 2000 on my XP PRO

Post by Matt Vaugha » Sun, 22 Sep 2002 03:17:13

You'll need to:

1. uninstall SP1
2. uninstall the RC3 .NET admin tools
3. re-apply XP SP1
4.  install the Win2K admin tools (ignore the warning)
5. install the Exchange admin
6. uninstall the Win2K tools, install the RC1 admin tools.

> Thanks for the reply altough it is no working.  The
> service pack 1 for XP was applied prior to the
> installation of the admin tools.  Since then I cannot
> install the B3 version of adminpak. I have to work with
> the latest version of the adminpack wich doesn't work for
> installing the exchange 2000 admin tool. Any ideas?

1. Exchange 2000 System Managment tools install for Windows XP Pro

I have installed Windows XP Pro w/sp1 and I installed the the
ADMINPAK.MSI for .NET and I am able to manage our 2000 AD, but when I
go to install Exchange 2000 System management tools it tells me that
the Windows 2000 Adminstrator Tools are not installed.  So, I am
unable to continue.  Any knowledge out there for me so I can Stop
using PC Anywhere to manage my Exchange cluster....  Thank you..

2. How do I forward enail from a echange mailbox to another email address?

3. Solution For : Exchange 2000 System Managment tools install for Windows XP Pro

4. POP3 E-Mail on Exchange Server 5.5

5. Admin Tools on XP Pro

6. New Add-On for IMI Mailbox WEB Console

7. Installing Exchange Admin under XP Pro

8. logon problem - Instant Message

9. Exchange 2000 Admin on XP Pro?

10. Problem installing Exchange 2000 manager on windows XP Pro

11. installing the Exchange 2000 System Manager on XP pro

12. Error Installing Exchange 2000 Trial on Windows XP Pro

13. Exchange 2000 admin tools on WIndows XP?