I Love You hits Server or Workstation?

Post by Roger Meie » Fri, 05 May 2000 04:00:00

Our users cannot modify their registries (NT Policies).  Can this virus
attack my Exchange server?  Or does it just hit the clients?

I have NAV and their site is very non responsive and I do not think
they have the signiture yet.  I guess Trend Micro beat them this time.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

I Love You hits Server or Workstation?

Post by Amiri Jone » Fri, 05 May 2000 04:00:00

    The ILOVEYOU virus has no direct effect on an Exchange server.  Its only
effect on the server is that created by multiple clients sending large
numbers of emails to other users, creating an artificially high load on the
machine.  Once the virus is eliminated, the server is "back to normal".

Quote:> Our users cannot modify their registries (NT Policies).  Can this virus
> attack my Exchange server?  Or does it just hit the clients?

1. Mail Server not sending warnings when limits are hit

Hi, my Exchange 5.5 SP4 Windows NT4.0 SP6a isn't mailing
my users when they hit their storage limits. No errors in
eventvwr to say there is a problem.

I have not had any limits set-up and have just turned them
on yesterday, although it says 'Issue Warning' next to
them in the information store, they are receiving no mail
warnings.

Have I to turn something else on? I thought I just needed
to put the limits into there accounts (I choose this way
and do it on individual accounts instead of all and doing
it globally).

Any ideas?

2. Old information store and new exchange 2000 installation

3. Can you copy messages as they hit the mail server

4. can't get active server pages installed

5. Configuring OWA To Hit Two Servers?

6. OWA: connecting to Exchange server from web by going through Proxy Server

7. For everybody that loves CDO, Exchange Server and DELPHI

8. How to receive failed mail sent to my server ...

9. How to Administer Exchange Server from workstation?

10. Controling Server From A Workstation

11. How To Manage Exch2K Server From Win2KPro Workstation??

12. E.A. on 2000 workstation connecting to Exch4 server