Need Public folder contacts to auto-add to public folder journal...

Need Public folder contacts to auto-add to public folder journal...

Post by Chris Megginso » Sat, 22 Jan 2000 04:00:00

My company wants to have one public contacts folder for customers and to
auto-add a journal entry for any contact that new messages, letters, etc.
are sent to. I can get the journal items to be created in the user's
individual mailbox's journal folder but I need them to go into a public
journal folder so ALL can see and know what ALL has done with each contact.
Make sense?

AtDhVaAnNkCsE

Chris Megginson, MCSE
Network Engineer

P.S. Please tell me if this NG is an appropriate one for my question.

Need Public folder contacts to auto-add to public folder journal...

Post by Amiri Jone » Tue, 25 Jan 2000 04:00:00

Quote:> My company wants to have one public contacts folder for customers and to
> auto-add a journal entry for any contact that new messages, letters, etc.
> are sent to. I can get the journal items to be created in the user's
> individual mailbox's journal folder but I need them to go into a public
> journal folder so ALL can see and know what ALL has done with each
contact.
> Make sense?

    You'll have to wait for Microsoft to change that.  Automatic entries of
all types are created in the appropriate default folder in the user's
default delivery location.  Until then, you will have to educate your users
to manually create/copy journal entries into the appropriate public folder.

1. Need Public folder contacts to auto-add to public folder journal...

My company wants to have one public contacts folder for customers and to
auto-add a journal entry for any contact that new messages, letters, etc.
are sent to. I can get the journal items to be created in the user's
individual mailbox's journal folder but I need them to go into a public
journal folder so ALL can see and know what ALL has done with each contact.
Make sense?

AtDhVaAnNkCsE

Chris Megginson, MCSE
Network Engineer

2. HELP: Using Exchange to Manage Schedules and Sign-Ups

3. how to recover the public folder journal entries in the public folder contacts

4. Auto-detach Inbox assistant

5. How do multiple people add journals to a public contact folder

6. PLEASE HELP WITH THIS PROBLEM CLARIFY

7. Public Folder Contacts Tracking using a Public Journal ??

8. Block Email Adress

9. Public Folder Contact journal entry not public?

10. Shared/public contact and journal folders

11. Public Contacts and Journal Folders

12. how2 share journals created in public contact folder

13. Journal Entries For Contacts in Public Folders