Exchange proble (please help)

Post by Dr Zoidber » Wed, 12 Jul 2000 04:00:00

Ok lets see if anyone can solve this one.

I have a Small Biz Server 4.5 which includes Exchange 5.5.  Exchange is set
to dial an ISP account which contains all mail
for the site and when done, its supposed to sort it into individual
mailboxes so the clients can only see their mail.

However, it dials OK, grabs the mail OK but then puts all of the messages
into everyones mailboxes regardless of email
address.

How does Exchange work ?  does it sort this mail (POP) when its downloading
it,  or after its downloaded it.

Where does it put the downloaded mail ?  do you need a drop box or something
which Exchange then sorts ?

Any help on this would be really helpful as I can't work it out.

Thanks..............Richard

Post by Kirill S. Palagi » Thu, 13 Jul 2000 04:00:00

> Ok lets see if anyone can solve this one.

> I have a Small Biz Server 4.5 which includes Exchange 5.5.  Exchange is set
> to dial an ISP account which contains all mail
> for the site and when done, its supposed to sort it into individual
> mailboxes so the clients can only see their mail.

> However, it dials OK, grabs the mail OK but then puts all of the messages
> into everyones mailboxes regardless of email
> address.

You just described the job of so called "POP3 connector", non-standart component
of Exchange.
Get some info at
http://www.swinc.com/resource/exch_smtp.htm

Quote:

> How does Exchange work ?  does it sort this mail (POP) when its downloading
> it,  or after its downloaded it.

> Where does it put the downloaded mail ?  do you need a drop box or something
> which Exchange then sorts ?

> Any help on this would be really helpful as I can't work it out.

> Thanks..............Richard

group).

Kirill

1. BIG PROBLEMS Please Help Please Help Please Help Please Help

2 days ago I had a Hard Drive crash on my exchange server <<<< no big deal
it was Raid 5
but after some inspection I found that the RAID backplane was screwed so a
discussion was made to create a new server and put Exchange on it.
No big Deal, configured the server renamed the old on server which was SPOCK
to SPOCK1 named the new server SPOCK now SPOCK1 is/was a BDC the new Spock
is not E-mail is up and running fine but I have noticed some residual
problems. Anywhere I had given a local group access to a mailbox they can no
longer see it. It tells them that no do not have permission to view the
mailbox. Any Ideas? please this has me stumped
If I need to make this a BDC is there any way to make a normal server a BDC
with having to completely reinstall?

Please help

2. Migrate 4.0 to 5.5 from NT 3.51 to NT 4.0 Help

3. Distribution List Help Please Help Please Help

4. Meeting Request Delayed for one user

5. Please help, PLEASE PLEASE

6. Automatically insert

7. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE HELP

8. Upgrad exch 5.0 -> 5.5

9. Help Please Exchange 5.5 Urgent Please

10. Please, Please help with Exchange 2000 setup

11. Newbie : Exchange 2K... please please PLEEEASSSE help

12. Help Please Exchange 5.5 Urgent Please

13. Urgent proble - Users accessing wrong Mailboxes