Exchange Users

Post by dyerb » Wed, 13 Aug 2003 03:03:18

We just bought out a company with 150 Employees. I want to
add these users to our Exchange system. These users must
be placed in there own Post Office. How do I go about
this? Do I just create an additional Mail Box Store. Thanks

David

Exchange Users

Post by Channing Heffney[MSFT » Wed, 13 Aug 2003 05:27:01

Yes you can create a new mailbox store and also you can create a new OU to
put them in Active Directory Users and Computers.

--

Please do not send email directly to this alias.  This alias is for
newsgroup purposes only.

Quote:> We just bought out a company with 150 Employees. I want to
> add these users to our Exchange system. These users must
> be placed in there own Post Office. How do I go about
> this? Do I just create an additional Mail Box Store. Thanks

> David

Exchange Users

Post by dyerb » Thu, 14 Aug 2003 23:38:50

Thanks For the Reply.

David

confers no rights.

>> We just bought out a company with 150 Employees. I want
>> add these users to our Exchange system. These users must
>> be placed in there own Post Office. How do I go about
>> this? Do I just create an additional Mail Box Store.
Thanks

>> David

>.

1. matching a domain user with a Exchange User

Hi,

I have a batch program does the following:
  - retrieve domain users info, such as First Name, Last Name, Logon ID, Network
ID, etc. from the domain SAM
  - find the matching user from the Exchange Server (using CDO) and then retrieve
the user's info, such as email address, from the Exchange Server
  - load all the gathered user info into an Oracle database

The problem is, for a few NT users, there are no matching Exchange users found.
But I know those users do have email accounts in the Exchange Server. For
example, a user named Linda Grcic, who's NT logon ID is GrcicL. There is no
matching for GrcicL in the Exchange Server. But I notice by checking the global
address book that the user account GrcicLa exist and it is actually the person
that matches GrcicL. (notice that GrcicL != GrcicLa).

In my VB code, I used objAddressEntry.Fields(CdoPR_ACCOUNT_A).Value to match the
Exchange server user account to NT logon user account.

Could anyone please give me a hint - what might be the problem for the missing
matching between NT logon user account and the Exchange Server user email account?

Thanks so much for help in advance!

Joanna

2. How to backup the user accounts in Exchange 2000?

3. How to extract Exchange Users and then create the users in a seperate AD

4. Notification of number of new emails

5. cross check Exchange users and NT users

6. Mac Outlook Client v8.2.2

7. get nt user name from exchange user list

8. Mailbox Permissions

9. ccmail users get duplicate messages from exchange users

10. Accessing msmail users Sched+ from Exchange users Sched+

11. Migrate Exchange users to a new company (All Exchange)

12. Setting up a catch all Exchange user in Exchange 2000

13. max exchange users on SBS 2000 / exchange server?