X400 Errors with Exchange

Post by Paul Tayl » Tue, 17 Dec 1996 04:00:00

We run Exchange 4.0SP2 in our office, which is connected to
Head Office via X400 Connectors run over an ISDN router.
We've been getting lots of 'warning' errors in the event logs:

Event ID 289 from MSExchangeMTA:

A connection to
/O=WSPGROUP/OU=SURREY/CN=CONFIGURATION/CN=CONNECTIONS/CN=LONDON X.400
could not be opened. [MTA XFER-IN 22 26] (12)

Event ID4282 from MSExchangeMTA:
An interoperability error occurred.
Interface protocol was violated.
Error code=8453 [POP4 MAIN BASE 1 18] (14)

Each time, 4282 is followed immediately by 289. This causes a delay
in sending mail, and it appears to retry after about 7 minutes.
This has only started fairly recently.

We also get lots of these, which we have always had:

Event ID9221 from MSExchangeMTA:
A sockets error 10054 on a WSARecvEx() call was detected.
The MTA will attempt to recover the sockets connection.
Control block index: 1. [BASE IL TCP/IP DRVR 10 262] (12)

Does anyone have any ideas on these? One of the fixes in SP3 relates to
problems over slow X400 links, which may relate to the last error, but the
other two are different.

Paul Taylor, Computer Systems Manager
WSP Consulting Engineers, Tadworth, Surrey UK
http://www.wspgroup.com

X400 Errors with Exchange

Post by Ed Crowle » Thu, 19 Dec 1996 04:00:00

I can't recall the specific messages you're reporting, but I had a problem
with an X.400 connector causing my MTA to quit that was solved by SP3.  You
might want to call MS on your problem.  Or maybe SP3 will fix it.

1. Exchange 4.0, X400-Connector to a SNI-X400-Server

Hallo!

We are using Exchange-Server 4.0. Our configuration is the following:

ADMD of german telecom ==> SNI-X400-Server ==> Our Exchange-Server

The problem is: We could not communicate to the SNI-Server. The
SNI-Server uses other TCP/IP ports than MS Exchange Server. The
Provider with the SNI-Server could not change his ports.
So I must change the ports MS Exchange Server is using. But where
could I make this? I don't find anything! If I change the ports in the
file /winnt/system32/drivers/etc/services, nothing happend.
Is there a chance, that I could connect the servers?

Thanks
  Bye  Thomas

----
http:\\pweb.eunet.de\stasch.su

2. drwtsn32.exe: Initialization of the dll USER32.dll failed. Process is terminating abnormally.

3. isocor x400 + exchange 5: COMMON\SYMTAB07.C ERROR line 127

4. Exchange an offline-folder problem

5. Exchange-X400 error

6. Pop Mails being downloaded!

7. x400 address with no ADMD entered always fails between 2 Organizations over X400 connector

8. Migrating from Workgroup Postoffice to Exchange

9. getting x400 delivery error messages

10. X400 error when replying to message

11. Sending to multiple X400 Adresses brings Syntax Error

12. 9125 and 4284 X400 Errors

13. Sending to multiple X400 Adresses brings Syntax Error