Message Filtering

Post by Ron » Sun, 26 May 2002 04:39:42

Some of our mail users are spammed 5-10 times a day and it is getting really
annoying. The problem is that this email comes from what appears to be 2

both domains and I got the same IP addresses.

this, I won't have to worry about spams originating from this IP address.

This is Exchange 5.5 SP4, NT4 SP6a. Thanks much.

Message Filtering

Post by MVP » Sun, 26 May 2002 04:46:49

Use the Specify by host button next to the message filtering to block the IP
address.
--
Susan VanAllen
MCSE, Exchange MVP

> Some of our mail users are spammed 5-10 times a day and it is getting
really
> annoying. The problem is that this email comes from what appears to be 2

ping
> both domains and I got the same IP addresses.

> this, I won't have to worry about spams originating from this IP address.

> This is Exchange 5.5 SP4, NT4 SP6a. Thanks much.

1. SPAM filtering via message filters: mass import?

Exchange System Manager allows you to block domains or
email addresses in the Global Settings, Message Delivery,
Filtering tab. But this only allows you to add them one
at a time. The Active Directory property it saves to,
msExchServerBindingsTurflist, will also only allow you to
add one at a time. Is there any way to import a file of
domains/emails? I found nothing on TechNet or the web
about this.

Thanks.
John

2. double exchange server

3. Message Filtering not blocking messages....

4. Exchange 2000 behind firewall

5. Outlook Express 5 - cannot delete sti_trace

6. From Box

7. CDO Public Folder Message Filtering

8. Using Message Filter

9. CDO and Message Filters