Is there any settings for connection time-out ?

Is there any settings for connection time-out ?

Post by Ashit Dhandhusari » Fri, 10 Mar 2000 04:00:00

Hi I have Exchange 5.5+sp2 on NT4.0 + Sp4.

I have a another small  comany X in India. All users from comany X connect
to my Exchange server in USA to download their mails.

When they have more mails, or a mail with large attachment, very often they
are loosing connection to my mail server with an error like connection
time-out.

Is there any settings on Exchange server, where I can increase this time-out
period ?

Thanks in advance,

Ashit

Is there any settings for connection time-out ?

Anythng interesting in App Event log?

Post by Ashit Dhandhusari » Tue, 14 Mar 2000 04:00:00

Hi I have Exchange 5.5+sp2 on NT4.0 + Sp4.

I have a another small  comany X in India. All users from comany X connect
to my Exchange server in USA to download their mails.

When they have more mails, or a mail with large attachment, very often they
are loosing connection to my mail server with an error like connection
time-out.

Is there any settings on Exchange server, where I can increase this time-out
period ?

Thanks in advance,

Ashit

Is there any settings for connection time-out ?

I answered your question 4 days ago.

--
If you feel that anything in my post needs correction - feel free to do so
(in group).

Kirill

Is there any settings for connection time-out ?

Post by Ashit Dhandhusari » Tue, 14 Mar 2000 04:00:00

I didn't find any thing ? Can you send the info again ?

Thanks,
Ashit

>I answered your question 4 days ago.

>> Hi I have Exchange 5.5+sp2 on NT4.0 + Sp4.

>> I have a another small  comany X in India. All users from comany X
connect
>> to my Exchange server in USA to download their mails.

>> When they have more mails, or a mail with large attachment, very often
they
>> are loosing connection to my mail server with an error like connection
>> time-out.

>> Is there any settings on Exchange server, where I can increase this
time-out
>> period ?

>> Thanks in advance,

>> Ashit

>--
>If you feel that anything in my post needs correction - feel free to do so
>(in group).
>And please, keep all discussions in NG, so that everybody can participate.

>Kirill

Is there any settings for connection time-out ?

Post by Kirill S. Palagi » Wed, 15 Mar 2000 04:00:00

You control time-outs on the client machine.

> I didn't find any thing ? Can you send the info again ?

> Thanks,
> Ashit

> >I answered your question 4 days ago.

> >> Hi I have Exchange 5.5+sp2 on NT4.0 + Sp4.

> >> I have a another small  comany X in India. All users from comany X
> connect
> >> to my Exchange server in USA to download their mails.

> >> When they have more mails, or a mail with large attachment, very often
> they
> >> are loosing connection to my mail server with an error like connection
> >> time-out.

> >> Is there any settings on Exchange server, where I can increase this
> time-out
> >> period ?

> >> Thanks in advance,

> >> Ashit

> >--
> >If you feel that anything in my post needs correction - feel free to do so
> >(in group).
> >And please, keep all discussions in NG, so that everybody can participate.

> >Kirill

group).

Kirill

1. Outlook time-outs to old server after importing with ExMerge

I am looking for the reason why Outlook shows me
the "Outlook is retrieving data from the Microsoft
Exchange Server ..." (See Q293650) message.

Our Exchange (2000 SP3) was recently hacked thru IIS
(yes, yes, I know...), and running low on resources
because of the worm... I ran exmerge and got all
mailboxes out. I chose to export all data and all
associated data.

After reloading the server, using a different name for
the server, a different organisation, and a different
site (You could say that nothing but the license is the
same as it was), I imported the mailboxes. Next thing:
When creating a folder in one of the imported mailboxes,
I got this time-out message (duh, the old server isn't
there anymore). It didn't matter at what level in the
mailbox-folders, or what type of folder. I deleted all
mailboxes, used SendAs/ReceiveAs priveleges to access
newly created (empty) mailboxes for each user, and
started copying the PST's manually. Problem: Copying the
content from one PST to a mailbox caused the same message
(Time-out to the old 'non-existing'-server). I noticed
this occured especially with Hotmail-messages and Spam,
but it also occured on some non-email items (calender,
tasks, etc...)
What I want to know is why outlook still wants to contact
the old server, and how I can fix this. Let me know if

Greetz...

2. Exchange Tabs missing

3. E2K SMTP Time outs like Exchange 5.5?

4. Mail-Enabled Public Folder

5. OWA and time outs

6. Sendmail & Exchange Sr 5.5

7. Message Time outs

8. Mailbox Manager deleting contacts

9. Dial up time-outs

10. Outlook time-outs to old server after importing with ExMerge

11. OWA times-outs with XLS and DOC Attachments

12. Server time outs

13. Outlook time-outs to old server after importing with ExMerge