Incorrect Error message for message size

Incorrect Error message for message size

Post by Billy Alliso » Fri, 21 Aug 1998 04:00:00

I am getting the follwoing error message when I try to send some large
files(appx 4.5MB). I have no limitations set on the MTA. "Message size
exceeds fixed maximum message size ".

Any help would be greatly appreciated,
Billy Allison

Incorrect Error message for message size

Post by Scott Davi » Fri, 21 Aug 1998 04:00:00

Are you sending this message outside your ORG? Are you sending it to a
recipient on another server in your site?
You might check the mailboxes in question to see if they have individual
limits set, or the MTA's on each server.

Incorrect Error message for message size

Post by Elton Tucke » Wed, 26 Aug 1998 04:00:00

If it is going to a foreign system they are probably the
ones applying the limit.

Elton Tucker MCSE ASE

Quote:>I am getting the follwoing error message when I try to send
some large
>files(appx 4.5MB). I have no limitations set on the MTA.
"Message size
>exceeds fixed maximum message size ".

>Any help would be greatly appreciated,
>Billy Allison

1. Messages reported with incorrect sizes (very big)

Hi everyone,

Something very funny happened this morning: Outlook has started reporting
the size of a number of e-mail messages in my mailbox totally incorrectly.
These messages contain only text and a bit of RTF but this is no excuse for
reporting their size as 800 KB!  Many older messages in my folders are now
reported with sizes of about 500 KB +

There isn't a common denominator; some are internal e-mails others are
external (Internet); I am  using Outlook 8.02.4212 and our site uses
Exchange 5.0 with SP1. We are a small single site - single server org.

After having a look at a couple of other mailboxes I've realised that other
colleagues also have this problem.  It looks as if this is an Exchange
Server problem.

Can somebody help me please?

Thanks

David

2. 2 exchange server in one domain

3. Unable to open messages on OWA

4. Logon

5. Messages get returned with message size errors

6. SMTP Event Sink for Exchange 5.5

7. Incoming message exceed message size limit warning

8. Adjust standard message in MTA properties when message size has been reached

9. Cannot send message due to message size