MSExchangeIs MailBox Store error message in Event Viewer>Application Log

MSExchangeIs MailBox Store error message in Event Viewer>Application Log

Post by Sachi » Thu, 22 Nov 2001 21:43:52

We have disabled a user called ToshPro in the Active
Directory Users and Computers section in SBS2000 Admin
Console.

The user:  ToshPro no longer exists, hence we disabled him
(denoted by a red cross against the name).  But we have
got the following message in our Event log:

“Logon Failure on database "First Storage Group\Mailbox
Store (UBM-SBS)" - Windows 2000 account NT
AUTHORITY\SYSTEM; mailbox /o=UBM/ou=first administrative
group/cn=Recipients/cn=ToshPro.
Error: -2147221231”

Please could you explain what this means and how we can
correct this error.

Sachin

MSExchangeIs MailBox Store error message in Event Viewer>Application Log

Post by Lewis Robert » Sat, 24 Nov 2001 22:57:28

why don't you just delete the user and mailbox rather than disabling it?

lewis

Quote:> We have disabled a user called ToshPro in the Active
> Directory Users and Computers section in SBS2000 Admin
> Console.

> The user:  ToshPro no longer exists, hence we disabled him
> (denoted by a red cross against the name).  But we have
> got the following message in our Event log:

> “Logon Failure on database "First Storage Group\Mailbox
> Store (UBM-SBS)" - Windows 2000 account NT
> AUTHORITY\SYSTEM; mailbox /o=UBM/ou=first administrative
> group/cn=Recipients/cn=ToshPro.
> Error: -2147221231”

> Please could you explain what this means and how we can
> correct this error.

> Sachin

1. Error: LicenseService in Event Viewer>Application Log

We have a server running SBS2000 and Exchange 2000.  An
error log has been created recently and reads:

“No license was available for user
<<server_name>>\<<username>> using product SMBServer 5.0.&#8221;

If someone could kindly answer the following questions:

(1) What is SMBServer5.0?

(2) What does SMBServer5.0 do?

(3) How do we assign licences to each user of SMBServer5.0?

How do we lookup the number of licences for the
SMBServer5.0 at this current moment in time?

Why does SMBServer5.0 require licenses?  We already have
18 users on our SBS network with a 25 user (SBS2000)
licence.

There was another posting underneath this message that
read:

&#8220;License usage for product SMBServer 5.0 is nearing the
maximum number of per server licenses purchased. Consult
License Manager from the Administrative Tools folder for
more information.&#8221;

All client machines to the SBS server are running
Windows2000 Professional, however we have another Windows
2000 Server on our SBS network, that previously was a
domain controller but has now been demoted to become a
client PC to the SBS 2000 server.  On this machine, there
is also a log of a licensing issue for SMBServer5.0.

Can we run two Windows 2000 Servers on the same domain,
where one server is the domain controller and the other is
a client PC?

Could someone please answer my email in detail as I have a
lot of questions mentioned that need answering.

Thanks
Sachin

2. Filter Attachments--is it possible

3. Warning: Perf Disk in Event Viewer>Application Log

4. Exchange Server 2000 Mailbox Manager

5. Event ID 1022 -> MSExchangeIS Mailbox Store

6. Thousands of messages on SMTP queue

7. Application Log Error :MSExchangeIS ((281)) Unexpected NT API error: 0xC000000D

8. Exchange 2000 Dial-up Internet

9. MegaServ.Log Warning in Application Event Viewer

10. Event Viewer Application log

11. event 1029 Event Source: MSExchangeIS Mailbox Store

12. Event ID 9405 Msg logged in event Viewer App Log

13. Some Error messages in application log for Exchange Event id:11, 25, 5004