Information on uptime

Post by DISA » Thu, 21 Jan 1999 04:00:00

Can anyone provide a link or a document that can shed light on how to
perform normal system maintenance, i.e. defrag, while maintaining the
highest available uptime of the server or servers.

In addition, does any have any information on using Exchange in a clustered
environment?

Sincerely,

Chris Cantrell
Orius Networks, Inc.

Information on uptime

Post by Richard Clar » Thu, 21 Jan 1999 04:00:00

Normal system maintance is taken care of with the nightly online
defragmentation.  You can find those options in the IS.  of course you can
do an offline defragmentation which will rebuild the database after it
copies it.  Microsoft says you should never have to do this, some others say
yes and some say no.

>Can anyone provide a link or a document that can shed light on how to
>perform normal system maintenance, i.e. defrag, while maintaining the
>highest available uptime of the server or servers.

>In addition, does any have any information on using Exchange in a clustered
>environment?

>Sincerely,

>Chris Cantrell
>Orius Networks, Inc.

1. Exchange 2000 uptime estimates

Hi:

I would like to hear from those who are running E2K,
regarding the average uptime from your experience, like
98%, 99%, etc. Of course this depends on the
configureations, but we just want to know what to expect
on average, without clustering or with.

If you have other performance data on E2K or 5.5, I also
appreciate it.

Thanks a lot.

2. Outlook/exchange via internet, how

3. Add-in software and Exchange Uptime

4. Does Exchange support tables?

5. Exchange Services Uptime

6. Exchange 5.5 / Cisco PIX (Firewall)

7. Exchange instant uptime

8. Slow sending email

9. How can i get mailbox resources information from private information store

10. Information store v4 restore into Information store v5

11. Retrieving information from information store

12. Exch2000: getting adress information and free/busy information from another organization

13. Information store terminated, can't start Information store.