Move Exchange server another admin group

Move Exchange server another admin group

Post by Ayha » Tue, 24 Dec 2002 22:08:35

Hi,

Could you anyone help me move exchange 2000 server to another admin
group in same site.

Post by Rich Matheisen [MVP » Wed, 25 Dec 2002 10:25:52

>Could you anyone help me move exchange 2000 server to another admin
>group in same site.

Nope. Install a new server in the target admin group. If you're in
native-mode I think you'll be able to move the mailboxes to the new
server.

Moving a server between admin groups changes an awful lot of things,
and although it /looks/ like you can do it with ADSIEDIT you really
can't.

--
Rich Matheisen
MCSE+I, Exchange MVP