Changing a site name

Post by Administrato » Fri, 30 Jan 1998 04:00:00

Is there any way to change a site name without reinstalling?

Changing a site name

Post by Ken Wrigh » Fri, 30 Jan 1998 04:00:00

Nope.

>Is there any way to change a site name without reinstalling?

Changing a site name

Post by Leonardo Fernande » Sun, 01 Feb 1998 04:00:00

You can change the display name but not the system name.

>Is there any way to change a site name without reinstalling?

Changing a site name

Post by The Strang » Wed, 04 Feb 1998 04:00:00

Quote:> Is there any way to change a site name without reinstalling?

I don't think so.  I've been looking for the same answer, because we have to link up Exchange
servers with a new company that we purchased and would rather not have to use some sort of
patch like X.400, so I think that the bigger question is does anyone know how to reinstall and
change the Organization and/or Site Name without losing any of the existing settings (mail
boxes, info store, distribution lists, etc)?

Toby Guidry - PC/LAN Administrator
Lafourche Telephone Company
TobyMG(at)REMOVESPAM.Latelco.com

Changing a site name

Post by brett walke » Tue, 10 Feb 1998 04:00:00

You should be able to export your mailbox names, distribution lists,
custom recipients, etc.  to csv files and reload them when you have your
exchange reinstalled.  Your directory with the mail should be backed up
first ex.  Backup Exec 7.0 with add in exchange server.  You should be
able to bring that back in after you have reinstalled.  I haven't tried
all of this yet but it is possible.  I have exported and brought it back
in on a different server and it has worked just fine for me.
Brett Walker
Network Administrator

Quote:> Is there any way to change a site name without reinstalling?