Filtering news groups by NT groups?

Post by Paul Schwart » Thu, 31 Jul 1997 04:00:00

Can you filter out users who are in a group (Accounting) from looking at
alt.binaries, but
have access to everything else?  Or do you need to cut off all of the
alt.binaries for everyone?
--

---- Paul E. Schwartz ---

Please visit our web:  http://www.centurykc.com

CENTURY Computer Consultants, Inc.
9200 Indian Creek Parkway, Suite 400
Overland Park, KS  66210

(913) 451-7997  (800) 278-5757
Fax (913) 451-7665

Filtering news groups by NT groups?

Post by Dustin Smith [MVP » Fri, 01 Aug 1997 04:00:00

 Im assuming that you are talking about the newsgroups that are pulled down
into Public folders via the Exchange internet news service. You could create
a distribution list with the mailbox names of these users (Accounting) and
then on the properties of the particular newsgroup folder under the Internet
Newsgroups root folder assign the distribution list 'None' for permissions.
The permissions will work the same as normal public folders.

--
Dustin Smith
PC Network Administrator, Cerner Corporation

-- Email address munged, again due to the spammers

Paul Schwartz wrote in article

>Can you filter out users who are in a group (Accounting) from looking at
>alt.binaries, but
>have access to everything else?  Or do you need to cut off all of the
>alt.binaries for everyone?
>--

>---- Paul E. Schwartz ---

>Please visit our web:  http://www.centurykc.com

>CENTURY Computer Consultants, Inc.
>9200 Indian Creek Parkway, Suite 400
>Overland Park, KS  66210

>(913) 451-7997  (800) 278-5757
>Fax (913) 451-7665

1. Filtering news groups by NT groups?

Can you filter out users who are in a group (Accounting) from looking at
alt.binaries, but
have access to everything else?  Or do you need to cut off all of the
alt.binaries for everyone?
--

---- Paul E. Schwartz ---

Please visit our web:  http://www.centurykc.com

CENTURY Computer Consultants, Inc.
9200 Indian Creek Parkway, Suite 400
Overland Park, KS  66210

(913) 451-7997  (800) 278-5757
Fax (913) 451-7665

2. Exchange 2000 Upgrade error

3. My first news group has message>reply>to group grayed out

4. Address Book

5. Exchange group same as NT global group

6. Invalid recipents?

7. Adding NT Domain Group to local windows 2000 admin group

8. import .wab???

9. Can public folder not under Internet news group folder be news groups?

10. Web based News Group

11. Set up exchange to get news groups

12. Source code for this news group application

13. news group name