how to allow users to change their passwords via web interface to exchange serve

how to allow users to change their passwords via web interface to exchange serve

Post by ben » Fri, 05 Apr 2002 07:36:48

I am designing a web interface to allow users to check
their email on the MS Exchange server.  I would like to
add a feature so that they can change their passwords real
time themselves. Can anyone help me by pointing out how
this is done? In UNIX, one can write a script to allow
users to change their passwords, but how is that done in
Windows NT and 2000?

Any help will be greatly appreciated!

Ben

how to allow users to change their passwords via web interface to exchange serve

Post by kam » Fri, 05 Apr 2002 12:49:47

Hello,

You don't have to write anything to allow user's to access
e-mail via a web-based interface.  You can just load the
Outlook Web Access (OWA) capabilities.

Once this is done, under the Options selection you can do
the following:
   Set the "Out of Office Assistance"
   Set the "New Password"
   Set the "Current time zone"
   Set the "Calendar Options"

I believe to enable the "New Password" option you need to
have certificates enabled.

Regards,

> I am designing a web interface to allow users to check
> their email on the MS Exchange server.  I would like to
> add a feature so that they can change their passwords real
> time themselves. Can anyone help me by pointing out how
> this is done? In UNIX, one can write a script to allow
> users to change their passwords, but how is that done in
> Windows NT and 2000?

> Any help will be greatly appreciated!

> Ben

how to allow users to change their passwords via web interface to exchange serve

Post by Suyo » Sat, 06 Apr 2002 18:49:10

Hi

How do i enable the certificates ? I would not like to
subsribe to any external certificate provider , would like
to use the feature given by Exchange 2000 .
Please help ..

Post by kam » Sat, 06 Apr 2002 23:19:07

Hello,

Search the MS support site.  There are a number of Knowledgebase
articles on how to enable certificates.  You can get a certificate from
a certified vendor but then you have to pay for it.  Or you can bring up
your own certificate server and create your own.  There are
knowledgebase articles on all of this from MS.

regards,

> Hi

> How do i enable the certificates ? I would not like to
> subsribe to any external certificate provider , would like
> to use the feature given by Exchange 2000 .
> Please help ..

1. how can i allow users to change their passwords through web access to exchange

I am designing a web interface to allow users to check
their email on the MS Exchange server.  I would like to
add a feature so that they can change their passwords real
time themselves. Can anyone help me by pointing out how
this is done? In UNIX, one can write a script to allow
users to change their passwords, but how is that done in
Windows NT and 2000?

Any help will be greatly appreciated!

Ben

2. Help!!!Read messages disapears after reading in Outlook 2000

3. how to add a link to change user password(mailbox) via Internet(Outlook web access)

4. Expanding QUEUES (Default Virtual SMTP server > Queues) takes a VERY long time.

5. relay problems

6. Exchange WEB interface, change password !!

7. Attachment size limits

8. Allowing changing password via OWA

9. Web Interface to change Passwords

10. Allowing users to change password in Exchange 5.5

11. How do I allow owa users the opportunity to change password once connected