message size expanded beyond control?

Post by Dieter Ja » Wed, 05 Dec 2001 11:01:32

Hi all, here's the case
we have a default message size limit in our exchange organization, 5MB for
incoming/outgoing.
There's a user that needed to send a powerpoint file size 8.2meg as seen in
windows explorer.
So I opened the delivery restriction from ADUC and set to 10240KB.
After a while the user still said that the message still cannot be sent, "a
message exceeds a size limt".

I have no size restriction, so I tried to send the message using my account
and then check to the SMTPSVC log, I see that the "SIZE=11253315" isn't it
11.2MB ??  No wonder the user still cannot send the message.
How can the 8.2meg file turns to 11.2meg?  Can somebody explain this?
This used to be a very simple thing in Exch55

--
regards,
/di2t (tm)