Moving mailboxes between sites

Post by Ron Roweto » Thu, 16 May 2002 06:53:01

I have two exchange 5.5 servers that are under the same
organization but are in two different sites. They are on
different domains but they are trusted both ways.  I want
to move a mailbox from one server to the other, but when
using the move mailbox command, it only shows the server
that the mailbox exists on.

The Administrator program can see both servers under the
organization and has all rights to do anything else.

Moving mailboxes between sites

Post by Jame » Thu, 16 May 2002 07:39:05

The move mailbox command only lets you move mailboxes
between servers in a site. To move mailboxes you need to
export the data to a pst file. remove the mailbox on site
one, recreate the mailbox on site 2. then import the data
again. The exmerge utility makes the export and import
easy if you have to do multiple mailboxes.

James

Quote:>-----Original Message-----
>I have two exchange 5.5 servers that are under the same
>organization but are in two different sites. They are on
>different domains but they are trusted both ways.  I want
>to move a mailbox from one server to the other, but when
>using the move mailbox command, it only shows the server
>that the mailbox exists on.

>The Administrator program can see both servers under the
>organization and has all rights to do anything else.
>.

Moving mailboxes between sites

Post by Martin Blackston » Thu, 16 May 2002 08:43:13

That isnt going to work in your scenario. The mailbox move tool only works
when the servers are in the same Org/Site. The best option is to Exmerge the
mailbox out. Delete it, and create a new one on the server.

Quote:> I have two exchange 5.5 servers that are under the same