Custom Recipient works one minute and then doesn't

Custom Recipient works one minute and then doesn't

Post by R. Bake » Wed, 18 Feb 1998 04:00:00



I've created SMTP entries for people we correspond with regularly using the
Custom Recipient option.

Mail works fine for several weeks and then suddenly I get messages that the
message is undeliverable.  The last time I had to delete and re-create the
recipient in order to get around the problem.  I have several other custom
recip's that work fine.  What gives?

Also does the Directory Synchronisation service have to be running on a PDC
with one drive?  No other domains/Exchange servers exists.

Regards,

Richard S. Baker

 
 
 

Custom Recipient works one minute and then doesn't

Post by Rich Matheis » Wed, 18 Feb 1998 04:00:00



>I've created SMTP entries for people we correspond with regularly using the
>Custom Recipient option.

>Mail works fine for several weeks and then suddenly I get messages that the
>message is undeliverable.  

Undeliverable for what reason?

Quote:>The last time I had to delete and re-create the
>recipient in order to get around the problem.  I have several other custom
>recip's that work fine.  What gives?

Have you removed the X.400 addresses from the CR's?

Quote:>Also does the Directory Synchronisation service have to be running on a PDC
>with one drive?  No other domains/Exchange servers exists.

The Directory Synchronization service can have its "Startup" mode set
to "Manual" if you're not using it.

----------------------------------------------------------------
Richard Matheisen                           Wang Laboratories
Microsoft Certified System Engineer         Tewksbury, MA USA


 
 
 

Custom Recipient works one minute and then doesn't

Post by R. Bake » Wed, 18 Feb 1998 04:00:00





> Undeliverable for what reason?

Undeliverable (User not found)

Quote:

> Have you removed the X.400 addresses from the CR's?

X400 is not there.  For all people we deal with I created  custom
recipients with SMTP adx's only.
 
 
 

Custom Recipient works one minute and then doesn't

Post by Rich Matheis » Thu, 19 Feb 1998 04:00:00



>> Undeliverable for what reason?

>Undeliverable (User not found)

The CR still appears in the GAL, right? Which server says the user is
not found -- yours or the destination server?

Quote:>> Have you removed the X.400 addresses from the CR's?

>X400 is not there.  For all people we deal with I created  custom
>recipients with SMTP adx's only.

All CR's have an X.400 address unless you've removed it. Check the
CR's "E-Mail Addresses" tab.

----------------------------------------------------------------
Richard Matheisen                           Wang Laboratories
Microsoft Certified System Engineer         Tewksbury, MA USA

 
 
 

1. Custom Recipient works one minute and then doesn't

I've created SMTP entries for people we correspond with regularly using the
Custom Recipient option.

Mail works fine for several weeks and then suddenly I get messages that the
message is undeliverable.  The last time I had to delete and re-create the
recipient in order to get around the problem.  I have several other custom
recip's that work fine.  What gives?

Also does the Directory Synchronisation service have to be running on a PDC
with one drive?  No other domains/Exchange servers exists.

Regards,

Richard S. Baker

2. SMTP Connector questions

3. adc doesn't create contacts form custom recipients in 5.5

4. Replacement for M (EXIFS) drive for Exchange 2003 (Titanium) ?

5. Custom property indexing doesn't work?!

6. native mode?

7. Custom recipient doesn't forward mail from POP3 client

8. CDO and Permissions

9. Recipient Policy doesn't work well on Groups

10. Deliver to Alternate Recipient doesn't work

11. 3 addresses, 1 recipient, 1 doesn't work

12. Distribution list with Mailbox and Custom Recipient won't work

13. owa access through proxy doesn't work but works internally