Restrict attachments on Inbound Internet Mail?

Restrict attachments on Inbound Internet Mail?

Post by Bobste » Thu, 22 Oct 1998 04:00:00

Hi All,

    I'd like to be able to restrict a user's ability to receive attachments
via Inbound Internet mail.  Any suggestions?  Using ExchgSrvr 5.0 no SP and
NT40, SP3.

Thanks,

Bob

Restrict attachments on Inbound Internet Mail?

Post by Tomm » Thu, 22 Oct 1998 04:00:00

I've been researching the sane proble and it seems you need a third party
software solution such as MimeSweeper or similar. In exchange you can
control only the size or the origin.

Tom

Post by Rich Matheis » Fri, 23 Oct 1998 04:00:00

>    I'd like to be able to restrict a user's ability to receive attachments
>via Inbound Internet mail.  Any suggestions?  Using ExchgSrvr 5.0 no SP and
>NT40, SP3.

Attachments aren't separate objects, they are part of a message. You
can limit the SIZE of a message that a user is allowed to receive, but
you can't say "no attachments allowed."

1. Restricting InBound mail for SMTP Recipients in Internet Mail Connector

I'm having an Internet Mail connector on Exchange Server 5.5
IMC is configured for selective recipients for outbound mails.

But, this configuration is not restricting any inbound mails for
recipients. I want to restrict that also.
When i checked in Microsoft Knowledge base, i found an article ( Q154542
 ) which states that this by design of Exchange server 4.0

I need help regarding this.

I want to restrict inbound mails through Internet mail connector for
selective recipients.

Vijaya Sankar.K

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

2. Exchange Instant Messaging

3. Restricting Inbound Internet Mail

4. SCANMAIL FOR EXCHANGE

5. Restricting Users inbound/outbound X.400 Internet Mai

6. Quick query regarding Ed Crowley server move

7. Restricted inbound SMTP mail to Exchange 5.5 mailing lists

8. Forwarding mail from Exchange 5.0 to Internet Account

9. Restricting Inbound Mail

10. Restricting inbound mail per user

11. how to restrict SMTP inbound mail !!

12. Restrict Inbound Mail

13. Inbound Internet Attachment Limitation Question