After Server move to new Site - Server shows in old and new site

After Server move to new Site - Server shows in old and new site

Post by br » Fri, 13 Jul 2001 19:28:25

Organization consists of First Exchange server in main site EX5.5 STD
SP2 running IMC

4 Other sites each with one server over 64k leased lines.

2 servers are showing up both in the original site and in thier
correct site

Looks like the directory synchronisation is in a mess - can anyone
help with solutions for this

Would the Knowledge consistency checker be the correct tool to use ?

Any Thoughts , Suggestions welcomed

Thanks for any Assistance  Brian

Post by Rich Matheisen [MVP » Sat, 14 Jul 2001 10:15:58

>Organization consists of First Exchange server in main site EX5.5 STD
>SP2 running IMC

>4 Other sites each with one server over 64k leased lines.

>2 servers are showing up both in the original site and in thier
>correct site

You used the Move Server Wizard to move the servers? If so, whoever
ran the MSW didn't have the necessary permission to delete the server
from the Configuration container (they also got a warning dialog
telling them that the delete didn't happen). If everything is working
smoothly, just delete the servers from their original site.

Quote:>Looks like the directory synchronisation is in a mess - can anyone
>help with solutions for this

Why do you say that? Are there problems with mail? Is the GAL
incorrect?

Quote:>Would the Knowledge consistency checker be the correct tool to use ?

No, the "Delete" key is the correct tool. :)

After removing those servers it's a good idea to use the "Check Now"
button on the Directory Service object of one of the remaining servers
in the site.

------------------
Rich Matheisen
MCSE+I, Exchange MVP

1. Moving mailboxes from an old server to a new server in a new site

Hello,

In the near future i need to install a new Exchange server for our company,
this server will have to be a new site (new organisation, new domain name
etc.), but i'm wondering how/if i will be able to move the mailbox data of
users to their mailboxes on the new server.

If i remember correctly it isn't possible to import all of the exchange
server data into the new server if the site is different from the old one,
but maybe there is a simple way to move everybody's mailbox contents into
their new mailboxes?

Kees Huizer

2. Outlook as default manager for mail?

3. Moving Exchange to New Server, New Domain, New Site

4. Programming for MS Exchange

5. Slow Performance after moving to a new site and moving to a new server

6. 2028 : how do I know which public folder is doing this ?

7. Creating a new site and moving an existing server from another site

8. Private Information Store Move

9. Moving clients to new Exchanger server in new site

10. Moving clients to a new Exchange server in a new site

11. Moving Exchange server to new site + new domain [HELP]

12. moving mailboxes to new server in a new site