Event service error 2140 ?

Post by Lars Krag Pederse » Sat, 09 Oct 1999 04:00:00

On starting the service, Exchange event service, the server returns:
Internal Windows NT error 2140. We are currently running Exchange server 5.5
with SP3. Can anyone help??

Event service error 2140 ?

Anything interesting in App Event log?

--
Questions will not be answered via e-mail.

Event service error 2140 ?

Post by Gene Ye » Sat, 09 Oct 1999 04:00:00

Was it working then it died or is this a new install?  Anything you do just
before it broke?

Try re-installing SP3.

On Fri, 08 Oct 1999 14:29:07 +0200, "Lars Krag Pedersen"

>On starting the service, Exchange event service, the server returns:
>Internal Windows NT error 2140. We are currently running Exchange server 5.5
>with SP3. Can anyone help??

Event service error 2140 ?

Post by Ben Smit » Sun, 10 Oct 1999 04:00:00

FYI - 2140 is a generic NT error saying a service did not start properly.
It is usually accompanied by another error, of the service that did not
start has some other dependency (ie the IMC on Winsock Proxy if behind a
Proxy Server)

--
Ben Smith, MCSE, MVP

Exchange FAQ: http://www.swinc.com/resource/exch_faq.htm

> What hits do you get when you query technet for 2140??

> Martin Tuip
> Technical Support Engineer
> Getronics Network Services

> On Fri, 08 Oct 1999 14:29:07 +0200, "Lars Krag Pedersen"

> >On starting the service, Exchange event service, the server returns:
> >Internal Windows NT error 2140. We are currently running Exchange server
5.5
> >with SP3. Can anyone help??

Event service error 2140 ?

Post by Martin Tu » Mon, 11 Oct 1999 04:00:00

What hits do you get when you query technet for 2140??

Martin Tuip
Technical Support Engineer
Getronics Network Services

On Fri, 08 Oct 1999 14:29:07 +0200, "Lars Krag Pedersen"

>On starting the service, Exchange event service, the server returns:
>Internal Windows NT error 2140. We are currently running Exchange server 5.5
>with SP3. Can anyone help??

Event service error 2140 ?

Post by Jim Volp » Wed, 13 Oct 1999 04:00:00

Micrsoft has confirmed this to be a problem and will update information as
available.  You can try, like myself with no luck, the fixes proposed on
TechNet articles

Q182082
Q190993
Q187523

Usually the error occurs when you move Exchange to a different server.  One
person I talked to reinstalled Exchange from scratch and the Event Service
worked fine.  However, don't worry.  The Event Service is not a crucial
service for Exchange.  It is only used by the Event Service Scripting Agent,
that allows you to setup scripts with WorkFlow Aplications and OL Forms.
The Event Service has nothing to do with the Event Viewer.

Quote:> On starting the service, Exchange event service, the server returns:
> Internal Windows NT error 2140. We are currently running Exchange server
5.5
> with SP3. Can anyone help??

Event service error 2140 ?

Post by Heath » Thu, 21 Oct 1999 04:00:00

Lars,
Sounds like a routing or DNS issue.  Have you tried looking up the
event ID on the Knowledgebase?