Send but not receive EMAIl Exchange 2000

Send but not receive EMAIl Exchange 2000

Post by Joshua Whit » Thu, 18 Jul 2002 04:17:12

,

Here's the situation.  We have 2 Exchange 2000 servers in 1 domain, but in 2
different sites or locations.  We have them connected via a DSL line going
over a Cisco PIX VPN to each other.  The main server is in Site 1 (call it
A) and the 2nd Server is in Site 2 (call it B).  Server A is the master
server and can receive external mail and receive intersite mail, if someone
from site B sends an email it sits in Server B's SMTP Queue.  If Server B
sends to the INTERNET then it goes out and is delivered.  Now if someone
tries to send an email to server B (site 2) then it sometimes sits in Server
A's queue and sometimes sits in Server B's queue.

My Question is I currently only have One routing group.  If I check the
"SMTP virtual server" from site B using system manager I get a yellow ? on
the icon.  If I go to the connections settings of site B will using the
system manager on site A then I get a RPC server not found error.

So the question is, what is wrong?  Site A (primary site) can receive
external email and intersite email, but not email from site B.  Site B can
send external email, but to my understanding cannot send intersite or
interorganization email.  Do you think it's a Routing problem or a bad
config on the PIX firewall?   Although it is going over a VPN.  Active
Directory seems to be fine.

Thanks in advance.

-Josh (desperate)

1. SMTP Email sent from New Exchange 2000 not received by AOL

I just upgrade our organization to Exchange 2000 SP2 and
for some reason AOL recipients are not getting emails.
Message tracking shows they are sent.  I get no non-
delivery message from AOL or Exchange.  Mail is still sent
successfully and received from the Exchange 5.5 server.
SMTP log show 250 response from AOL to EHLO and other
ESMTP commands sent.  Any ideas would be greatly
appreciated.

Tom, MCSE

2. 2 w2k servers, 1 file server(pdc) and 2nd for exchange 5.5

3. Exchange 2000 will not send/receive internal email

4. Public folder permissions

5. I can not send or receive external email by using exchange server 2000

6. Move server between sites

7. can send email but can not receive email

8. How do I prevent users from permanently deleting messages?

9. ERTN does not send emails when there are emails to receive

10. exchange 2000 - Could not send/receive internal mail

11. Exchange 2000 Organizational Forms not sending or receiving.

12. Outlook 2000 will not send or receive mail through Exchange 5.5

13. Exchange 2000 cannot receive any emails sent by other SMTP