How do I get the Latest SP for MS Exchange 5.5?

How do I get the Latest SP for MS Exchange 5.5?

Post by cku.. » Sat, 16 Sep 2000 04:00:00

The SP can be found at this link below.

http://www.microsoft.com/exchange/downloads/sp3.htm

Quote:> I don't even have SP1, if there was one.  When I go to Server and
look for
> it on the right hand pane, I see nothing regarding SPs.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Post by Amiri Jone » Sat, 16 Sep 2000 04:00:00

Quote:> I don't even have SP1, if there was one.  When I go to Server and look for
> it on the right hand pane, I see nothing regarding SPs.

    Go to www.microsoft.com/exchange, and near the bottom of the page is a
link named "Service Pack 3", under the Downloads category.  From this page
you can either download SP3, or order it on CD in the US and Canada.

How do I get the Latest SP for MS Exchange 5.5?

Post by Jerry » Wed, 20 Sep 2000 04:00:00

Along that vein, how do you know which SP you have installed if you
inherited a server??
Jerry

> > I don't even have SP1, if there was one.  When I go to Server and look
for
> > it on the right hand pane, I see nothing regarding SPs.

>     Go to www.microsoft.com/exchange, and near the bottom of the page is a
> link named "Service Pack 3", under the Downloads category.  From this page
> you can either download SP3, or order it on CD in the US and Canada.

How do I get the Latest SP for MS Exchange 5.5?

Post by William Lefkovic » Wed, 20 Sep 2000 04:00:00

Open Exchange Admin.
Select Help
About Microsoft Exchange Server

Should tell you there.

William Lefkovics, MCSE, A+

> Along that vein, how do you know which SP you have installed if you
> inherited a server??
> Jerry

> > > I don't even have SP1, if there was one.  When I go to Server and look
> for
> > > it on the right hand pane, I see nothing regarding SPs.

> >     Go to www.microsoft.com/exchange, and near the bottom of the page is
> > link named "Service Pack 3", under the Downloads category.  From this
page
> > you can either download SP3, or order it on CD in the US and Canada.

How do I get the Latest SP for MS Exchange 5.5?

Post by Jerry » Wed, 20 Sep 2000 04:00:00

Perfect, thank you!!!
Jerry

Post by Rich Matheisen [MVP » Wed, 20 Sep 2000 04:00:00

>Open Exchange Admin.
>Select Help
>About Microsoft Exchange Server

Well, that'll tell ya the version of the admin program, but not
necessarily the information about the server!

Right now mine says "Version 5.5 (Build 2651.81: Service Pack 4)"
bcause I've installed Q254805 on that server.

Quote:>Should tell you there.

A more accurate way is to use the admin program to select the
"Servers" container. That will display, in the right-hand pane, the
information for each server in the site. hat you want is in the column
titles "Server Version".

This value shows "Version 5.5 (Build 2650.24: Service Pack 3)", which
is accurate.

Rich Matheisen
MCSE+I, Exchange MVP

How do I get the Latest SP for MS Exchange 5.5?

Post by Jerry » Thu, 21 Sep 2000 04:00:00

kewl, thanks :)
Jerry