How to add external addresses to the Global Address Book

How to add external addresses to the Global Address Book

Post by Rick A. Donl » Thu, 15 May 2003 05:11:27

How do I add external addresses to the Global Address Book
on the exchange server, GAL,  for people who don’t have
accounts on the network.

Example, I have a list of customer contacts in a public
exchange folder of type contacts.  I needs at least their
names and email addresses to show up in the GAL.  I have a
software package that scans to email but only uses
the “Global Address Book” on the exchange server.

How to add external addresses to the Global Address Book

Post by Mark Fugatt [MVP » Thu, 15 May 2003 05:51:04

Hi Rick

Create a Contact in Active Directory.

--
Mark Fugatt
Microsoft Exchange MVP

Quote:> How do I add external addresses to the Global Address Book
> on the exchange server, GAL,  for people who don’t have
> accounts on the network.

> Example, I have a list of customer contacts in a public
> exchange folder of type contacts.  I needs at least their
> names and email addresses to show up in the GAL.  I have a
> software package that scans to email but only uses
> the “Global Address Book” on the exchange server.

How to add external addresses to the Global Address Book

Post by Ron Kin » Thu, 15 May 2003 05:52:49

What exchange are you using?

Ron King
CCSI

Quote:> How do I add external addresses to the Global Address Book
> on the exchange server, GAL,  for people who don’t have
> accounts on the network.

> Example, I have a list of customer contacts in a public
> exchange folder of type contacts.  I needs at least their
> names and email addresses to show up in the GAL.  I have a
> software package that scans to email but only uses
> the “Global Address Book” on the exchange server.

How to add external addresses to the Global Address Book

Post by Neil Hobso » Thu, 15 May 2003 05:54:58

Going from memory here, but if you right-click the public folder in Outlook,
choose Properties, I think there's an option on one of the tabs to make the
folder an Outlook Address Book.  Try that - the addresses should then be
visible in the GAL after a while.

The other option is to create mail-enabled contacts in Active Directory
Users & Computers.

--
Neil Hobson
Silversands

www.silversands.co.uk

Quote:> How do I add external addresses to the Global Address Book
> on the exchange server, GAL,  for people who don’t have
> accounts on the network.

> Example, I have a list of customer contacts in a public
> exchange folder of type contacts.  I needs at least their
> names and email addresses to show up in the GAL.  I have a
> software package that scans to email but only uses
> the “Global Address Book” on the exchange server.

How to add external addresses to the Global Address Book

Post by Ron Kin » Thu, 15 May 2003 06:07:13

DUH!   OK, As others have suggested, create the contact in active directory.
Then it should appear in the GAL.  I have a number of GALS here and find
using the exchange attributes the best way to define them.

Ron
CCSI

> What exchange are you using?

> Ron King
> CCSI

> > How do I add external addresses to the Global Address Book
> > on the exchange server, GAL,  for people who don’t have
> > accounts on the network.

> > Example, I have a list of customer contacts in a public
> > exchange folder of type contacts.  I needs at least their
> > names and email addresses to show up in the GAL.  I have a
> > software package that scans to email but only uses
> > the “Global Address Book” on the exchange server.

1. How to add external addresses to the Global Address Book

How do I add external addresses to the Global Address Book
on the exchange 2000 server, GAL,  for people who don’t
have accounts on the network.
Example, I have a list of customer contacts in a public
exchange folder of type contacts.  I needs at least their
names and email addresses to show up in the GAL.  I have a
software package that scans to email but only uses
the “Global Address Book” on the exchange server.

2. Problem configuring Exchange IMAP4 SSL through proxy server

3. Microsoft Schedule+ Free Busy Connector

4. Adding users/external internet addresses to the global address list

5. problem encountered during installation of ME5.5

6. Adding an address book from outlook to the Global address list in exchange

7. Event ID 13008 - How do I fix this ?

8. add SMTP address to global address book

9. How to add SMTP addresses to Global Address book

10. Add addresses to global address book

11. Global Address Book, adding non-users SMTP addresses???

12. Adding addresses to global address book from Outlook