attachments on mailing lists - please help

attachments on mailing lists - please help

Post by Jon Templ » Thu, 30 Apr 1998 04:00:00

When we send attachments to a Exchange server based mailing list, the
attachments don't make it.  Yet if we send the same message with attachment
back to to one of the individual e-mail addresses on the list, it gets
received.  All of the members of this mailing list are NOT on Exchange
Server, but are internet addresses.

Is there something I need to know about sending attachments to mailing
lists?  Are  there some limitations with Exchange mailing lists?

Jon

attachments on mailing lists - please help

Post by David Welc » Fri, 01 May 1998 04:00:00

I am assuming you are using Exchange 5.0 Service Pack 1 or less.  There is a
known issue with Exchange DL's that they will send rich text to all
recipients even though the recipients address book entry disables rich text.

DW