using Exchange server on a second location connected to the first location

using Exchange server on a second location connected to the first location

Post by Eric De Moo » Wed, 09 Feb 2000 04:00:00

I have following configuration
PDC    NT 4.0 SP 4:     IP-address: 193 . 121 . 81 . 130     subnet mask:
255 . 255 . 255 . 192
    connected with Proxy Server 2.0 & router to ISP (EUNET)
    Exchange Server5.5 SP 2

BDC    NT 4.0 SP 4:     IP-address: 10 . 0 . 0 . 99         subnet mask:
255 . 0 . 0 . 0
    connected with CISCO 1600 router to the PDC (dial up ISDN)
    Exchange Server 5.5 SP 2

we had a problem with our ISP. He didn't send our mail becouse the server
was open for used with SPAM-mail. We did the following changes (info
\\maps.vix.com.)
-
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\MSExchangeIMC\Parameter
TurfDir type REG_SZ
    \exchsrvr\imcdata\turfdir
RelayFlags type REG_DWORD
    2
                Decimal 2 if the IP-address of the client is one of the
RelayAllowList
RelayAllowList type REG_MULTI_SZ
       193.121.81.130;255.255.255.192
                Let allow everyone in our network send mail

On this moment it wasn' possible to send e-mail from the BDC-server

We install"e teh BDC Exchange server again as a part of the PDC exchange
server. Now we can send e-mail but when a workstation let Outlook open the
connection of teh dial-up router is always open

can sombeody tell me if this is possible

thanks

Eric De Moor - Lydia Maes

1. second exchange server, another location ???

We have a exchange 2k at our main office, and we would like to install a new
exchange server at a branch office (we have a VPN tunnel) the second
installation will be another site in the same domain..

What about OWA, will that see that some of the users are moved to another
server, and get the information from that server ??

Is there other things i have to take care of, or is just installing, and the
move the affected users mailboxes to the new server ???

2. Public calendar free/busy time

3. How to check for mails using exchange in remote location

4. Creating Contacts with CDO

5. Can't get Inbox Assistant to do anything

6. test

7. sending internet email from remote location using Exchange

8. How to check for mails using exchange in remote location

9. First Exchange server doesn't route mail to users on second Exchange server

10. connecting between 2 locations

11. Exchange 2000 server needs to refer to Exchange 5.5 GAL in another location