Folder Assistant Rule on Public Folder Gets Disabled

Folder Assistant Rule on Public Folder Gets Disabled

Post by Christa Lon » Tue, 11 Apr 2000 04:00:00

We have a public folder with a rule that routes postings to a distribution
list.  This rule works sometimes but will periodically fail.  When we check
the rule on the folder, it appears with a red X showing the rule is
disabled.    Any ideas on what might cause this rule to fail?  We are
running Exchange 5.5, SP3.

Folder Assistant Rule on Public Folder Gets Disabled

Post by Conal Tuoh » Wed, 12 Apr 2000 04:00:00

Perhaps the DL has delivery restrictions which a given message might
fail to meet?
You can turn up the diagnostic logging for the public folder rules which
will give you more information.
> ----------

> Posted At:         Tuesday, 11 April 2000 08:01
> Posted To:         admin
> Conversation:      Folder Assistant Rule on Public Folder Gets
> Disabled
> Subject:   Folder Assistant Rule on Public Folder Gets Disabled

> We have a public folder with a rule that routes postings to a
> distribution
> list.  This rule works sometimes but will periodically fail.  When we
> check
> the rule on the folder, it appears with a red X showing the rule is
> disabled.    Any ideas on what might cause this rule to fail?  We are
> running Exchange 5.5, SP3.

1. Folder assistant rule on public folder gets disabled

I'm running Exchange 5.5 SP4, with Outlook 2000 client. I've got a public
folder with a number of rules setup to forward messages to various other
locations based on keywords in the subject. Every so often I find that one
or more of the rules has been disabled (red X), and I have to manually
re-enable it. It seems to happen only when the rules are dealing with a
message thats arrived with an attachment, other messages without attachments
don't seem to cause a problem.

Anyone else seen this? Any workarounds?

2. Printing faxes - Problem!

3. Creating Rules with Folder Assistant in Public Folders

4. Exchange on dynamic disk?

5. Public folder "folder assistant" rule replication

6. Exchange and Solaris 2.6

7. E2K limits

8. Public Folder Assistant rule fails

9. Public Folder Rule Assistant

10. Inbox assistant rule to forward all messages to a public folder

11. public folder rules get disabled all the time

12. E2K Auto-Forwarding Rule in Public Folder disabled