Remove old "Deleted Items" automatically

Remove old "Deleted Items" automatically

Post by Michael Mors » Wed, 04 Aug 1999 04:00:00

We have a desperate need to automatically remove items from users' "Deleted
Items" folders.  Ideally, we'd like to automatically remove any item in
"Deleted Items" that is over 30 days old.  Does anyone know of such a
utility, or could provide hints on how to write one?  TIA.

--Mike

Remove old "Deleted Items" automatically

Post by Wayne Bolin » Wed, 04 Aug 1999 04:00:00

Mailbox Cleanup Agent from the Backoffice Resource Kit, Second Edition

Quote:> We have a desperate need to automatically remove items from users'
"Deleted
> Items" folders.  Ideally, we'd like to automatically remove any item in
> "Deleted Items" that is over 30 days old.  Does anyone know of such a
> utility, or could provide hints on how to write one?  TIA.

> --Mike

1. Remove "delete" items from the server

My clients leave their Outlook 2000 or Outlook 2002 with default for
"deleted items" e-mail.

I want to clear all delete items from user machines as soon as possible. I
do not want clients to have any recoverable items once they cleared deleted
items.

I am aware that I could leave Outlook 2000/2002 set to eliminate deleted
items at Outlook shutdown.

How can I do that from the server side ?

2. Going Native

3. Cant delete "deleted items"

4. Connect from existing OutLook

5. Please Help""""""""""""""

6. VERY strange outlook/Exchange problem

7. Permissions for "deleted items container"

8. ODK with IE 5

9. Empty "Deleted Items"

10. Empty "Deleted Items" folder stalls

11. Prevent "Recover Deleted Items" Purging

12. Automatic Deletion of "Deleted Items"