NT4 Server sees my Exchange Server, but no WS on the network see Exchange Server

NT4 Server sees my Exchange Server, but no WS on the network see Exchange Server

Post by Nate » Sat, 09 Sep 2000 08:59:36

This may be a NT4 question, but it is effecting my Exchange Server.  I have
two networks, each having it's own NT4 Server PDC assigning leases to
workstations on their respective networks.  I have a third NT4 server with
Exchange Server installed on it.  The PDC on one network can communicate
with the Exchange Server (Ping resolves properly, outlook can receive mail)
but none of the workstations on that network can logon to the Exchange
Server or find the necessary folders...therefore, no e-mail on those
workstations.  The workstations are using Outlook Corporate and were
configured and comunicating properly until last week we had to reboot
because of power storms.  The only service I find that didn't load properly
is LDAP and I can't load it because the service can't be found so I assume
it isn't necessary.  What to look for next?

Nate

NT4 Server sees my Exchange Server, but no WS on the network see Exchange Server

Post by Ed Crowle » Mon, 11 Sep 2000 03:18:58

Domain trusts.
--
Ed Crowley MCSE+Internet MVP-Exchange
Exchange FAQ: http://www.swinc.com/resource/exch_faq.htm

Quote:> This may be a NT4 question, but it is effecting my Exchange Server.  I
have
> two networks, each having it's own NT4 Server PDC assigning leases to
> workstations on their respective networks.  I have a third NT4 server with
> Exchange Server installed on it.  The PDC on one network can communicate
> with the Exchange Server (Ping resolves properly, outlook can receive
mail)
> but none of the workstations on that network can logon to the Exchange
> Server or find the necessary folders...therefore, no e-mail on those
> workstations.  The workstations are using Outlook Corporate and were
> configured and comunicating properly until last week we had to reboot
> because of power storms.  The only service I find that didn't load
properly
> is LDAP and I can't load it because the service can't be found so I assume
> it isn't necessary.  What to look for next?

> Nate

NT4 Server sees my Exchange Server, but no WS on the network see Exchange Server

Post by Ed Crowle » Mon, 11 Sep 2000 03:19:22

Also:  DNS, WINS.