OWA behind a reverse http proxy fw possible?

OWA behind a reverse http proxy fw possible?

Post by Steff » Wed, 13 Jun 2001 17:19:13

Hi,

we want to use OWA with Exchange 5.5 (later with 2000) with access
from the Internet.
Our security policy says, that all http(s) traffic has to travel
through our firewall.
Since our fw is NOT a port allow/deny solution, but a reverse proxy,
we are not sure if it works.

Does anybody has a similar solution running?

Thanks in advance

Steffen

OWA behind a reverse http proxy fw possible?

Post by Kirill S. Palagi » Wed, 13 Jun 2001 22:40:32

If you can publish  web server on internal network then you can have
OWA. If you can not access internal web server then OWA will not be
usable from outside.

--
Corrections are welcome.

For "Good post" practice visit

Kirill.

1. OWA in a DMZ behind a PIX fw???

OWA on IIS 4, NT4.0 Sp4, no Exchange.  OWA box is in a DMZ in front of a PIX
firewall.  Logging on locally to the box as a workstation, it is NOT on the
SAM domain.  All of the ports indicated in Technet and OWA deployment
whitepaper are open.  We have set the default logon domain to the SAM
domainin IIS.  However, users cannot logon to their mailboxes . . . we get
script timeout (~2 minutes) or an IE http 500 error.

IF we move the box back behind the firewall (same collision domain as the
SAM) it works just fine.  However, netstat shows open TCP sessions to one or
more DC's on TCP ports that aren't indicated by any of the literature.

Has anybody done this successfully?  OWA in a DMZ?  Do we need a domain for
the DMZ?  A trust?  More ports open?

Thanks for any help,
Corbin

2. Exchange 5.0 IS problems

3. OWA behind proxy server with Web Proxy

4. need some suggestions

5. Exchange 2000 OWA through Apache reverse proxy

6. OWA on dedicated Web Server/Farm?

7. OWA & Reverse Proxy

8. How to configure shared mailboxes?

9. Problem with Outlook Web Access (OWA) and reverse proxy

10. e2k/owa, and reverse proxy

11. OWA Reverse Proxy- Reply issue

12. Exchange 2000 OWA through Apache reverse proxy

13. Exchange 2000 OWA and reverse SSL proxy.